The Goff hate is becoming a freaking JOKE! I will be waiting with a bowl of crow for any takers

[quote=“Lyonfan1, post:2, topic:16173, full:true”]
Again- this isn’t a Goff vs Stafford, but using a baseline of a guy who ALMOST won a SB with the Rams, and now calling him a bottom 5 QB is a joke…

What is this bottom 5 from? Was there a recent article or? Not trying to stir ya up, just curious id like to check it out cause bottom 5 is a joke.

1 Like

Wait…:which kid we talking about?

1 Like

who’s straight hating Goff all the damn time where there has to be 4 threads on it !? NOT HERE, we said we’re giving him A CHANCE to remove doubts or questions about what kind of QB he really is ~here~ as I said before you must be chewing up media and outward fans’ opinions of him that is driving you to scream about people “hating Goff” most here want to give him his fair shot and see where it goes…that simple. yeah we debate other QB’s, but that is because of the possibility Jared doesn’t do it PLUS the inept geek squad QB’s @ backup HERE that cannot take the lead for several games IF Goff get’s injured. I AM talking to the OP here, our QB situation is like a C grade at the very best, we look for better -even while JG is our starter currently, some have began doing homework on The 2023 class for QB’s , so they are well informed about what is in that class, and deem which ONE could replace Goff --IF NEED BE. Chill out Gees !!!

2 Likes

Cousins is better then Goff.

5 Likes
1 Like

Yeah the Goff thrashing in the media does sometimes seem disproportionate to what the kid has accomplished already. I’m just hoping it puts a giant chip on his shoulder

If he kills it next year all those media hacks will need to pretend they didn’t rank him that low. And all the skeptics here will gladly eat crow I’m sure

5 Likes

it’s only because he’s in Detroit, man. Stafford was underrated his entire career…until he left town.

Nothing against goff. Everything against Detroit.

10 Likes

We don’t have Aaron Donald though.

2 Likes

Oh I know…… I won’t be eating any crow… At least not for Goff. The way I see it, Brad Holmes is setting Jared Goff up for success. Getting him everything he needs. Excellent OL, Speed WR, a plethora of WHEPUNZ. to me, Brad Holmes believes in Jared Goff. Period, end of sentence. I trust Brad. I think Jared Goff will do fine in Detroit for the next decade!

8 Likes

Can we stop with the Goff threads and the fake umbrage that he is being disrespected?

If you believe him to be a franchise QB at this point in his career then bottle that positivity and sell it because you could make fortune in this world.

He has done nothing to suggest that he is a franchise QB at this point in time. He was run out of town for an “upgrade” that proceeded to win a SuperBowl with his ex.

He has a great deal to prove in this coming season, and the crazy thing is he could have a decent season of 9 to 10 wins and STILL not be the future, he very easily could be nothing more than a bridge QB. Going 3-3 over the last 6 games last year does not erase the notion that he isn’t a franchise QB…he has to do a lot more…and it might be an unpopular opinion but he was an underwhelming first pick overall who was viewed as salvaged by McVay and then discarded when McVay decided he could no longer win with him. So there is a very real belief within the NFL and the media of the NFL that Goff is underwhelming and not a winner.

So he has to prove people wrong…until that day…just stop with the defense of Goff threads…he is underwhelming at this point…just is.

4 Likes

This is what I’ve been saying too.
VERY possible that he is a bridge, or “the guy.”

I think Brad would have made the moves he did, if he were setting up a new guy, or Goff. Also, Goff’s contract pretty much dictated he’d be here through next season anyway?

I could see it working out many different ways. Guessing Brad can too, but who knows. For now, I’m just gonna enjoy the 10 wins next season, and be surprised by what they do in the draft.

1 Like

“Can we all do away with the fake notion that Goff is being disrespected!”

(…proceeds to write several paragraphs disrespecting Goff…)

7 Likes

Goff is a good QB

Stats show it more so than not….

He will crush it this year or break a leg!

1 Like

This. If Goff was with say the Giants he would instantly be viewed as a top 15 QB. I’m with the OP here. Just about every national pundit will say something along the line of “well the Lions still need a QB”. I don’t think that chapter has been written yet. Every QB out there has flaws, yet it is assumed that Goff, who has had tremendous success in the league, automatically can’t play because McVay said so. The real underlying issue here is that Stafford went to the Rams and won a Super Bowl in year one. Now a lot of things have to go right to win the Super Bowl. If 2021 is played again it’s very likely the Rams don’t win it all. It just happened that everything went right for them and now apparently it was all Goff’s fault. If it’s almost consensus that Holmes is a good judge of talent, then why are we doubting his confidence in Goff? I think with the right team around him Goff can be a top 10 quarterback which is more than enough to win in this league. If he has weapons and a clean pocket he can be very effective. It’s the Lions job to make sure those things happen.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was reading his post and thinking the exact same thing… but I guess it’s fake umbrage because he thinks that Goff sucks. And that’s cool if someone thinks that but I’ve yet to read one solid post that really explains why he sucks.
Someone explain to us why Goff is soo fricking horrible. And I’m not here to argue, I’d just like to see something that supports what you’re saying. Maybe I’m simply missing what you’re seeing.

Stafford wasn’t always loved by the media either ranking behind Flacco and Carson Palmer.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s a list alright.

I agree with you on a team like the Giants, but I think Goff has gotten himself into a Kirk Cousins type media hole. At this point I think he can throw for 70% completions for 4,500 yards with 30 TDs and 10 INTs and still not get respect from the media.

If he wins a playoff game here he should be given a ton of credit. But everything I’ve seen written about him points to the idea that he wouldn’t get credit for that either.

5 Likes