The Importance of Drafting a QB in 2023

I’m with you and I think we are talking about the same guy.

One small note. Dan-O was a career 3rd stringer who spent a little bit of time as a backup. It was an extremely rare niche he carved out, and we speculated at one point that “he must be impressive in the film room to last this long as a 3rd stringer.” Well, I think we have our answer now.

1 Like

Still not #1, damn it!
I’ve been wondering something. Do you think stupid people realize they’re stupid, or, would that make them smart?

I understand the thought concerning fixing the defense. I want a great defense.

To that end, depending on where our picks end up, I am not passing up a blue chip defender. If I can add the top DT I am likely to do that.

But I am also going to make this investment in the QB position too. In 2024, having a top QB waiting to take over cements the Lions as competitive past 2024. We don’t know what will happen but if we have a young QB in the fold we have options in 2024.

We need to build this defense. Gotta have better defense players in multiple positions. Oh! By the way. Give me an offense player in the 1st pick.

Shessh guys. Follow your own advice sometimes.

I don’t think that he was drafted.

Catch-22

1 Like

Why does he have to be the worst problem before you address it, I remember the same shit was said when we drafted Stafford most wanted Arron Curry a safe player to draft. Stafford went on to be one the best Lions of all time. Curry barley made into a starting line up.

He’s not “THE” problem! He’s ranked #12.
You address problems in the early rounds.

Lol how many 0 points 2nd 1/2 Qters have we had.

About as many as played with Practice Squad Receivers?

1 Like

Lol ok again

Why do you hate Lions players?

The Rams pick may come in handy for that purpose with Kupp looking to be out for a few games. :wink:

1 Like

Since when is that any kind of relevant metric? Do you exclude drives where there is only one possession and we ran on all three downs?

For the first 3 or 4 games of the season we were scoring TD in every quarter.

Jake Rudock 2016 / Round: 6 / Pick: 191

Brad Kaaya 2017 / Round: 6/ Pick 215

Which helps further illustrate the problem

1 Like

Sensible when you have a ton of other needs and a FRANCHISE QB!

1 Like

Gtfoh with that simple shit, who hates Lions players ? Because I think the verdict is still out on Goff or because I think Levi was a bad pick day one.

Goff is still Goff you get good Goff and Bad Goff same he’s been for 2 years. Yesterday was mostly good Goff. And the coach didn’t give the game away with one of his Madden calls and we win. Even with the same bad talent that we just lost how many games with.

You bring up Staffords injury…

1. Matt wanted out of here for a reason! Am I right?
  2. You don’t see that we dodged a bullet with an aging bionic Stafford, and received a younger #1 pick with more playoff (winning) experience in his place.
    Hate on! I know you will…
    But, your name is in my notebook. I will never let you forget if Goff succeeds in the future, especially if you get your way and Goff suceeds elsewhere, and his replacement fails.
    I swear, I will dog each and every one of you haters, by name, every single day!
    So help me God!

No I’m ok and Stafford could be done he relies on that arm . But the case is closed between these 2 when Stafford won the superbowl and this debate can only reopen with Goff winning a superbowl with any team before his career is done. Until then case closed.

McVay is on record taking the blame for Goffs Super Bowl loss.
Cherry pick info to suit your agenda, but, I’m keeping track.