The Importance of Drafting a QB in 2023

Lol ok you go with that.
mary poppins GIF

It’s better than anything you have to hang your hat on.
But, you do have some cute gifs to deflect when you have nothing.

Lol yeah ok , I’m sure there a ton of NFL coaches and GMs that would give 2 1st Rd pics for Goff. You ignore anything that doesn’t meet you agenda.

Never deflect anything. If you think Goff and Stafford are = at the position, I don’t have to deflect any thing it says it all.

Wow! You finally came up with ONE valid response to my 50.
Well done! It almost made it worth the time I’ve wasted.

Gezz dude what have you ever said that actually happen ?
Season 6 Pats Self On Back GIF by Friends

More than you.
For one, I said Willis will not be a starting NFL QB, and that we would not draft him in the first round.

Lols oh my your the king of the den with that one.

Just who wanted Willis in the first Rd ?

I Did That Reaction GIF by New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)

Ok I’m arguing with a 12 year old, I gotta stop

Lol; I quit reading when you suggested to everyone without a doubt Goff will be the starter next year.

Tell me you don’t know football without saying it?

Put me on that list. I don’t hate Goff, just want an upgrade.
Also, where do I get to hound people for this list of players that I wanted:

1. Andre Johnson
  2. Aaron Donald
  3. Lamar Jackson
  4. Tua Tagovaila
2 Likes

Some of the responses here leave me scratching my head.

Very few rookies would be able to beat out Goff day one in 2023. I want the Lions to do it right and groom a good QB and see if we can get Rodgers-style results. Hell, maybe lighting a fire for Goff with competition is exactly what Goff needs.

It is absolutely fair to note Goff is throwing to deep bench guys. It is also true that Goff leaves you wanting more too often.

I really think a Phillip Rivers/Rodgers situation would be ideal here. I just don’t know if Goff is a Campbell guy overall. I know Dan likes and respects him but the turnovers are an issue. This is a legit issue even noting the lack of quality WR options Goff has here.

I am not turning away a blue chip defender in 2023 either. Say we draft a top rookie QB in 2023 and Goff gets hot (and we LOVE our rookie QB). I have no issue keeping Goff or trading Goff after 2023.

Goff is a free agent at the end of 2024. Is anyone ready to extend Goff at this point (in 2022)? Do we need to see him with great weapons in 2023 before you make up your mind? What is Holmes thinking? How ‘bout Campbell? Draft a QB now and we don’t have to pay Goff huge dollars in two years…unless he turns a corner and even then we have amazing QB options!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.