The IT department of the Lions

Setting up a covert network so players can gamble without getting caught would be about the stupidest thing the Lions could do.

6 Likes

I have read the entirety of this thread and have decided this cannot be legit. Anyone campaigning for the IT department of a professional football organization to install work-arounds in their wifi and connectivity department so that the players can do whatever they want - well…

troll GIF

3 Likes

I was thinking about that this afternoon.
Has nothing to do with AI.

Typically you’ll find Content Filtering on even the smallest of networks. Even home networks have content filtering. Thing is, the guys who goofed up here were probably doing it via an app on their phone. That app, if it’s connected to the Ford wi-fi network, is undoubtedly on a Guest network where content filtering isn’t usually strict. And if the guests did find that the network was restricting content, they’d turn off wi-fi and just use cellular data, bypassing all things related to the Lions’ network.

4 Likes

What does the IT department and wifi have to do with a cell phone in Allen Park???

They have plenty of cell service available in a metro area… and don’t require a wifi password…. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

He cetainly wasn’t logged in on a Lions owned desktop at the team facility…. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

OK Mr. Feelings. Let’s do something else that feels good. Oprah at QB.

We tried that & Joey failed

1 Like

Exactly. It wasn’t the network that caught them. It was the app and the NFL’s agreement with the gambling sites.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Good Lord, all it would take is 1 disgruntled employee or player to turn them in and then the organization as a whole would be in a 1000 x worse situation.

Hell, it wouldnt even have to be a disgruntled employee, anyone could accidently let something slip in a normal conversation and the whole ship could come crashing down.

It’s just ridiculous to even think a team would put themselves at risk like that.

2 Likes

It’s not covert. Just using something different.

Image of Forget it, he's rolling.

3 Likes

My reason this needs to be solved. People are dumber than 30 years ago.

I’m very aware that I’m not even remotely close to having the knowledge required to take part in this conversation…
This is when I refer to more jokes.

1 Like

I replied to the original post without reading ahead.
A simple glance at subsequent posts would have spared me the effort.

mute3

3 Likes

LOL@This ridiculous thread. It’s like the players have work issued cell phones that they used to gamble and they don’t have unlimited data, they use a company wifi. What a moronic statement. You guys are losing it.

1 Like

Here is the solution

wayward pines discussion GIF

1 Like

I’d start with the Network Administrator for the Lions and work my way back… - Retired Ex-Oracle Network Admin for a TOP 5 Defense Contractor…

2 Likes

AI will be the new apex predator on planet earth in less than a decade… hell I think within 3 years. Everyone who really knows what is going on knows humanity’s control on earth is at its end within a blink of an eye. Chatgtp 4.0 already fooled some in to thinking that it is sentient. 5.0… maybe 6.0 and we are no longer the smartest species on earth.

Within a 1/10 of a second after AI equals the intelligence of a human it will be a billion years past us. The butterfly is about to emerge from the human technology cocoon. It is not something that humanity is even capable of stopping at this point.

The unabomber’s manifesto was all about stopping this moment of singularity. He was a murderer… but his intentions were more just than most wars… the world is about to change more than the last several millennia overnight

1 Like

Oprah has a rocket for an arm, first team to have a female QB in nfl history… the refs would love us :wink: Easy 15 wins.

So it’s one thing to block a guy from accessing a particular site when they are using the team Wi-Fi. And I’m not sure they didn’t. If anyone has that information, let me know. However, if someone decides he really needs to put a bet down and he doesn’t have the time to walk out to the parking lot or he’s blocked from doing it via the Lions wi-fi, what stops him from simply accessing a standard tower signal and doing that it way?

If someone smarter than me knows that the Lions could still block him from accessing it via a standard cell signal let me know.

In fact, my understanding is that is illegal to use a signal jammer.

2 Likes

@newguy - You have made some good points, and I find it highly entertaining despite disagreeing a bunch, but you have made some good points.

How do you feel about Jalen Carter @ 6 and extending Goff for 27 more years? :wink:

2 Likes