The Lions should cut both David Blough and Tim Boyle

I thought i had seen a boyle blough… but damn!

and … the only reason that backup QB could succeed was due to the roster being seriously loaded around him and a starting QB on a rookie contract.

…and when was there another example of that happening? once every 30 years? 40?

Chris Streveler, Carson Strong > David Blough, Tim Boyle

Sign me up for Streveler.

"Streveler, who is fourth on the Jets’ QB depth chart and was a late signing, made headlines and earned praise in the New York locker room this summer.

After Sunday’s win over the New York Giants, coach Robert Saleh shouted “Streveler” to end his speech in the locker room. Teammates then chanted Streveler’s name and he then proceeded to make his own speech."

Coach Saleh told reporters Streveler had “one of the greatest pre-seasons in the history of football.”

After his last-minute touchdown pass Sunday, CBS play-by-play man Ian Eagle exclaimed “Streveler owns August.”

Streveler is a former Big Ten WR in 2015 who ran a 4.51 forty. Transferred to South Dakota after three years to play QB. Signed to the CFL as a QB after going undrafted in 2018. Signed to Arizona Cardinals in 2020, appearing in five games.

1 Like

This guy named Tom Brady filled in for an injured Drew Bledsoe. You may have heard of him.

1 Like

And much like Eagles… Patriots had a very good veteran roster around him. Brady threw for >250 yards only 2 times in 14 starts… and had 145 yards in the Super Bowl.

Lions don’t have a roster like that.

2 Likes

Yep. Goff, Streveler, Strong would be a massive step up and cost no compensation if Jax oasses on each.

Nor coach. No offense to Dan who I like and believe in.

They had a 5 - 11 record with Bledsoe the year before they won with Brady.

In an ideal world (to me anyway, if I’m playing GM), you sign one of these cuts to the protected PS. For the first 8 (I think that’s the bye), you have Blough for gameday while waiver pickup QB learns the offense, practices with the team and gets comfortable in the system. Bye week, swap em. Blough to PS and PS QB to active.

This of course is under perfect circumstances where nobody is hurt and the QB we picked up excels beyond Blough in the system.

1 Like

So every 25 years, then? 20?

Boll Belichick is known for drilling home the point that the last year’s team is not the same as the current year’s team…. which is very relevant considering 2000 was Belichick’s first year as HC there.

In 2001… Brady had Antowain Smith run for over 1100 yards and was 13th in rushing offense… while the Pats were 25th in rush offense the year before with Bledsoe.

The scoring defense also improved from 17th to 6th in NFL….
which may have been related to drafting some HOF dude named Richard Seymour.

And we got future hall of famer Aiden Hutchinson and a better QB than Drew Bledsoe.

Last year’s team is not this year’s team → That’s what I’ve been saying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.