The Lions under the age of 23

6 Likes

Wow. Great list. Reflects great drafting by Brad Holmes.

5 Likes

That isn’t great drafting that is elite drafting.

I do think that some of these guys coming out of college at 23+ can be a risk. Or they could be using up their prime years on a rookie contract.

And I get it. Maybe at 21/22 they were not ready.

But Sewell and Hutch ages are so advantageous.

2 Likes

It’s great until they all have to get paid.

3 Likes

Especially if all of them are pro bowlers/all pros at the same time. Next year, all of them could be in that category at least once in their young careers. Gonna have to trade some for more magic draft beans eventually.

1 Like

Really going to test Holmes come contract time. Test his juggling skills. No doubt he’ll approach it like the draft.

It’s good to have players who don’t know of the Millen years

1 Like

Lucky bastards…

1 Like

As of today, the only guys I give a second contract to regardless of price

Sewell
Hutch
Laporta
Branch

90% chance of second contract
McNeil

The rest I like at the right price but I would say are replaceable if the ask is too high

I doubt we can keep them all. Which is sad when you think about it.

1 Like

@Davicus has pointed out that Holmes has a pattern of drafting players with successful on field metrics…
while also having elite RAS scores for athleticism.

I also believe either @CuriousHusker or @Thats2 … or both…. have mentioned how Holmes has gravitated towards drating younger players with early premium picks.

1 Like

It is EXCELLENT to have to pay these guys someday as yes we lose talent BUT…we have choices and we get comp. picks down the road. That is a GREAT problem to have. But…it IS an issue. One Mayhew F’ed up in 2015.

Excluding Hooker I think that’s likely correct. Was probably @thats2 that noticed that. I was too busy drooling at forty times :laughing:

Add ARSB to your list.

Every team has a few big contracts. I’d rather dole those out to the guys invested here than a mercenary looking to get “the bag” and yuck it up afterwards.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.