The Lions will not add a big name at trade deadline

I think you have to look at older player that are rotational guys that will be insurance that is more a Brad Holmes move then give it up big capital and new contracts to outside players.

I see a 5th round or lower pick being traded if he ends up trading for anyone at the deadline.

In a few weeks start to look at teams that get in sales mode and look for insurance type players Holmes would trade for.

Look at DPJ he was insurances when Marvin Jones didn’t work out.

1 Like

This. :100: this.

Agree good points here by you two.

The only thing I’m going to add is that the real gamble is relying on a guy like Davenport to be the starter hoping he stays healthy.

The contract whatever. The gamble didn’t pay off.

The draft didn’t fall for us to add a DE2 or WR3

Gotta find some help there… I still have faith in Houston & Ukwu they’re rushing the passer.

Paschal will be fine setting the edge in run defense

1 Like

Because Brad has the golden touch and maybe some of it will rub off on them.
Like maybe they will get golden beans or something like Kwesi did. :rofl:

1 Like

There’s definitely been some negativity from a few. It’s just natural discussion but there are some that wallow in the negativity but that’s also commonplace on a high volume message board and nothing wrong with it per se because everybody has different ways of being a fan but, in this case, the poster I quoted said that maybe Holmes think of this as a rebuild still and I did think that was overly negative since clearly the Lions aren’t in a rebuild.

Not that Holmes is infallible mind you, there are a few things he can be criticized for namely the lack of addressing #3 WR and edge opposite of Hutch but I think saying that he’s treating this as a rebuild is a bit extreme.

1 Like

You have to understand that some fans are very much like these two:

There’s just a natural… let’s call it “concern” for areas of the team that haven’t been tightly secured.
LOL

1 Like

Start looking at 0-3 teams first.

Cinn, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Then a few 1-2 teams

Carolina, New England, NY Giants, etc

Looks at guys on 1 year deals that are a bit older that will cost a 5th or 6th rounder.

This Trey Hendrickson stuff I keep hearing every day from every content creator sounds nice. There are points to be made on why it makes sense on both ends. I just don’t see the Bengals first off giving up unless they are 1-6 around the deadline. Even if they go 2-2 in the next 4 I think they are still in it to win it. Second I don’t see Holmes making a big move. He just doesn’t seem like that type of GM giving up high draft capital.

1 Like