The Lions will not add a big name at trade deadline

The right player, the right fit; the right price

I think 2nd and 5th gets it done.

Big deal we have to spend the #32 pick in 2025 to trade down a few times and recoup capital.

But we won a Super Bowl, got Trey Hendrickson & Manu OT & RB Vaki

Trade down form 32 get back a 3rd and 5th. Pick Somewhere around 45 still get a good player.

And have 3,4,5.6,7.7 back.

And Trey
And Manu
And Vaki

What makes you think the Bengals will trade him? They’re very stubborn and conservative with their own guys. The only guy they’ve traded recently during the season was Dunlop for a 7th four years ago, but that was after he’d fallen out of the rotation. Hendrickson has not fallen out of the rotation. Before that it had been forever since they’d made an in-season trade.

They haven’t traded for anyone in-season since 1971!

3 Likes

Hendrickson didn’t even stage a “hold in” during training camp… and is playing for the Bengals without any further demands.

It wouldn’t make a ton of sense for him to holdout and miss game checks during the season if he was traded… considering he wasn’t even trying to use a training camp hold in as leverage.

He has much less leverage now that the season has started.

He might as well be happy to play for a contender if the Bengals continue to struggle.

Again though, aside from trading Dunlop (for a 7th) after he’d fallen out of the rotation, they almost never make an in-season trade. Like I’ve gone back to 2010 and found nothing. I know they haven’t traded for anyone in-season since 1971, as I mentioned above.

I must be wired differently bc I’m just excited for Josh having an opportunity to step up after most have already decided he simply doesn’t have it.

New opportunity can be as important as new talent sometimes :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Great post.

I agree.

The Lions are not in rebuild mode. They just about made the SB last season and are one of the favorites this season.
Just because Holmes doesn’t want to make a big splashy win now move doesn’t meant that the Lions are in rebuild mode.

But then you gotta pay him, and Paying him and Hutch isn’t realistic that I see, He’s a great player like Crosby both would be huge next to Hutch but don’t see how you can pay both with out neglecting other positions.

But if either did happen , it would be “wow” pairing one of them with Hutch would be hard to deal with for teams.

Sometimes you gotta talk them into it.
Gotta negotiate. Not every thing in life is ona silver platter.

They should deal Tee and Trey…pay Jamar and rebuild around that. Your boy Yoshi is ready to step up and they have Irwin and @1CasanovaJack Charlie Jones

Let’s go Andy Dalton Panthers at home!!! Send them orange kitties 0-4

1 Like

We got room for 1 more
@DeadStroke confirm

Josh played a good game in the nfc championship. At least imo.

1 Like

“We like the guys we have”.

If they didnt get any CBs last year and instead played Sutton having a mental breakdown and Vildor - they arent ever going to trade for guys.

1 Like

I think there are two areas of arguable concerns with Brad.

I also think the positives far outweigh the concerns but I still think the two concerns are valid and could potentially create difficulties with him.

1. His propensity to gamble on injured players. Mayhew loved to do this and I think it created real problems for Martin and he couldn’t overcome some of those mistakes.

2. Giving away future draft capital.

In both of these instances Brad must hit at a high rate or these situations could burn him. As long as he continues to offset the Injuries and free agent or draft misses, he will be fine. But…… if he misses on too many it could become a real issue for the organization.

Thankfully for Brad some of his earlier gambles are starting to pay off too like Jamo, Levi, etc.

We’ve seen these aggressive approaches be some GM’s undoing. I think Brads having success because he’s hitting on some later round picks…… but I contribute a lot of that to this coaching staff. I feel like we have a coaching staff that knows how to develop players and that allows Brad the freedom to gamble more.

1 Like

He is aggressive in the draft, but very conservative in FA. In fact I think that’s why he gambles on injuries. You can usually do so at a bargain.

2 Likes

Then after he left lions he had a nasty year with 13 sacks

1 Like

I’m not seeing Negativity. I think it’s just people talking here. No real negativity. At least that’s how I see it.

3 Likes

Who did the saints draft? Was a left tackle I believe.

Willam roaf

1 Like

Oh yea. Pretty good one lol

1 Like

That’s a good point and his approach to FA does afford him more options to be aggressive. He’s not making the big blunder FA signings that those other GMs make that just come back to hurt them.

4 Likes