The Malik Willis dilemma (see: Another Malik Willis thread)

You can’t get him without the #1 overall pick.

1 Like

that was so 5 years ago…. :smirk:

jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

I think I heard this last year about someone else, hmmm…wonder who that was?

3 Likes

Fair point, but Anderson was way better as a sophomore than any year KT has put together.

1 Like

Kavyon says hello.

The Bills started at 21 and ended up at 7 to draft Josh Allen. And since you mentioned Watson its worth noting that the Texans traded up from 25 to 12 to grab Watson. It was a happy ending for them.

3 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

4 Likes

That kid from Houston can carry a Tune. But can Tune carry an offense?

And he’ll get hurt or some dirt will come up and somebody else will emerge as arguably the best pass rusher. Not to mention, the team drafting #1oa might need a QB or a Left Tackle.

I’d be interested to know how often a player is projected to go #1 the year before and they actually do.

1 Like

Weird but true story. I was checking out of Cash & Carry on Thursday. I’m in there for the inn like once per week so I’m quite friendly with the staff. One of the managers is a Raiders nut so we talk football a lot. We’re chatting as I check out and he says to his co-worker. “Hey bud, where’s cuz going?” He said, “Matt just keeps his mouth shut but Dave told me Matt’s pretty sure it’s N.O. He’s talked with them a lot.” I was confused so i inquired and the gentleman said “Matt Corral is my cousin. His older brother Dave and I are tight.” I went ahead and googled it after the fact and he does have an older brother named David.

:man_shrugging: thought it was interesting as that spot always made a ton of sense.

5 Likes

And how many magic beans were given AWAY to move up? And how many times have those trades been done only to have them bust?

1 Like

He’ll casually mention his interests in bitcoin and people will call him a headcase, unmotivated, and generally drag his name for months until he’s no longer the top prospect.

Like that?

3 Likes

lots of magical fruit trading. I’d reckon though that the bust rate isn’t any higher than a QB picked with the original bean

If we want the safest route, build a team, get a defense, establish the culture, then trade for or sign a veteran

1 Like

How many magic beans have the Lions had in the last 30 years, and how many playoff wins has that led to?

2 Likes

I love KT’s talent, but even he’s not on the level of Will Anderson. I can’t imagine any world where Anderson isn’t the first non-QB off the board.

1 Like

I have seen some recent projections for that as well.

That meme … is definitional of the failure of the Detroit Lions franchise.

2 Likes

You mean US Chefs Store? (I still call it Cash and Carry too)

True.

How many times does that work?

1 Like

Might be an opportunity for someone who is willing to take a chance…