The Mock I would love by Draftwire

Saw this one today and this I could live with…

2 Likes

I dont think Tibs will be the pick at all. Not saying he isn’t worth it, just saying he isn’t a fit for the FO.

1 Like

I’m not as sold on the “fit” thing. I mean, sure, there has been some things I have seen that I thought were questionable but if they take him it’s because they believe it’s something they and he can overcome. So, if Hutch is gone, who then?

This. It’s not a bad year to have 2OA. You get either Hutch or KT. You can’t lose either way. Only way you can lose, is if you try to get cute. Trust that the two guys most linked to 1OA, over the past two years of game tape are the ones you take if you can. We can. (From the article below):

"There’s likely to be some spirited debate in this draft room, but at the end of the day, common sense should win out. Thibodeaux is one of this year’s most dynamic prospects, and should be in the conversation at No. 1 overall. He can be a dominant force at a premium position."

4 Likes

I’d be happy with this draft, no issues at all to me!

I suppose I’m fine with boring.

We’ve done “different” before and it seldom ends well.

3 Likes

I’d be OK with it. I’d definitely take Dean over Dax Hill personally but I’m not sure our FO would. Would really like the rest of the picks.

3 Likes

Well, I have issues, but let’s get back to the draft…

My television would survive the first 2 days with that draft. Pulling the trigger on Carson Strong at #97 isn’t something I’d considered, but it would be good value. I’d pick at Pickens, though he could work out–I just don’t think he could get the separation in the NFL that Holmbell want.

I’d prefer Dean over Hill and Watson over Pickens and then get Joseph or Rickert at 66. I would love Strong at 97.

1 Like

Why is that? Because he was voted member of the draft class most likely to moonlight as a filmmaker?

The thing you want more than anything else is that you get thru it w/o reaching. It’s a deep draft for the positions we have the most need and those picks IMO would match talent with need w/o ever reaching. In fact, if anything,I think we would be lucky to have Hill, Andersen and Strong be there when we pick. Three really good potential starters on D and a #1 or #2 WR, yes, I’d be very happy.

sure we only sent 7 guys over to him , he visited here and Campbell said " Thibs looked really good on film." not saying it’s automatic, but still a possible pick for sure.

My latest gut feel nonrumor completely without merit bubbling up from my subconscious insight is that Holmes and DC are tell8ng the truth, like their LB group and wont add until pick 66 or later.

Not sure I agree, but if the draft gets us Hill and Pickens then its probably going to work out well.

1 Like

Paregoric might help with that condition…

1 Like

I started watching Andersen early on, his fellow LB from Wyoming Logan Wilson,(Bengals Round 3 pick 65), just killed it with the Bengals this year. 100 tackles, 57 solo, 4 int’s, a FF, sack and 4 passes defended.

I Like it except the # 2 pick i would rater Walker or even JJ As a Lion Fan I would root for KT but I would be always expecting the drama to start I just think its all about him attitude an screw the team…that will be big problem for Lions…The rest i could live with an think they would help team 's goals To many X players have rated him lower not because of ability he has but the i am a god attitude. We saw last season Lion staff will not like that attitude .

Thats why i expect an hope they pass on KT we just don’t need one player screwing up team .

2 Likes

I have Pickens comfortably above Watson but wouldn’t hate it, Watson’s almost certainly got a higher upside. Rickert and Joseph are great options at 66 depending on how the board falls (still prefer Cook to Joseph but they’re close). I’d be fine with Strong at 97 too though there’d probably be other guys I prefer (I’ve got Strong 105th on my personal board).

But that’s how a draft tends to go, right? One or two picks you love, another couple you’re OK with, and another 3-4 you have to talk yourself into. Last year I loved Sewell and McNeill, was OK with Iffy and Barnes, and had to talk myself into Levi, St. Brown (whoops) and Jefferson.

2 Likes

The thing is none of those guys are out of the question when and where we would pick them. You can say I like this guy better but can you say you like TWO different guys better at that position?

Yes i can say two over KT an i did Walker an JJ I am against the KT pick .I just think he brings drama that as Lion fan we don’t need.

Absolutely love this draft. I think people will be really surprised by the lack of drama that KT will bring. He realizes that he can’t build his brand without succeeding in the NFL. Whatever motivations he needs to be great, I don’t care. Just be great and let’s go. I also am a huge Pickens fan and think he will be a true #1. Only pick I wouldn’t mind seeing go a different way is Strong.

3 Likes