The Mock I would love by Draftwire

I feel the same way as a result I think we end up with a CB or a mid level edge rusher.

1 Like

I know it’s only a mock, but seeing TEs like Woods and Dulich go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and going back to when we took Eric Enron 10OA…these damn Lions.

Thibs ruins it for me. The rest was solid.

2 Likes

What does Walker or JJ bring to the table that Thibs doesn’t? Walker can’t produce in college on a team with 19 five star recruits. If he can’t produce there the odds are low he is going to turn into a beast at the next level when he is the focus of the opposing O. If they pass on Thibs for either of these 2 we may as well start talking about the next regime because that is a dumb ass move.

I haven’t liked Thibs since the last Utah game but if they draft Walker, Willis, or JJ over him we may as well start the fire Holmes/Campbell threads. Thibs is a better football player than these guys with the high RAS score who blew up the underwear Olympics yet sucked ass on the football field.

JJ and Hutchinson have the most production. Considering Thibs is 100% pass rusher his numbers are pretty pathetic. And one of Thibs best moves is just bulldozing the offensive lineman backward. Did I mention he’s 254 lbs? Good luck with that move in the pros.

Hutchinson was hurt his Junior year and had NFL caliber players in front of him at Michigan. Not a fair comparison. I would have been on your side if you stuck with your original stance of taking that linemen from N.C State and moving him to guard for a year.

I’m not following. I like Hutchinson.

I do too but you said, he and JJ had identical production in college unless I took that comparison the wrong way. I draft Hutch if he is there. I think the Lions have the worst pick in this draft. Personally I like your idea of drafting the O-linemen moving him to guard and moving Decker for a pick and unloading his contract next year. I’m all about getting draft ammo to move up for a QB next year even though I think they are a 6 win team this year.

I’m not in any rush to get rid of Decker. If the offer is good enough, sure. Hutch is my favorite player in the draft. I like him better than JJ. I think he has better agility and explosion than JJ. JJ is a very good player though. I’m not sold on next year’s QB class. I really like Bryce Young but the size is a real concern.

You answered why Walker his ability has not even been shown an he still is very good. The whole Georgia D system was not to feature anyone. Just take time to check the stats of the DL an the LBs . The system was so good the numbers for each DLman are about same an the numbers for LBs are also almost same.

He was not asked to do more that just force the RBs out side an LBs got them or push pocket an make QB move to be taken down.

In pros that gym short ability will shine when he is allowed to do more from the edge . He is going to be very good as a pro an work as a team thats why you pass on KT an take him.

I expect Lions to take Hutch over him but If i was GM i would take him over Hutch But both are marjor plus for team.

I have seen ranks by X players where KT was not even in top 5 for rushers

I don’t want to take a guard at 2 or Cliff Avril’s brother. I would rather take Sauce, move Okuduh to safety and at least have the potential of one dominant unit at 2. Put me in the camp of not loving anyone at 2 but realize KT is the best player.

So you’re going to make a whole post of bullshit talking points? Again, show me a comparison where a guy doesn’t produce in college especially on a team loaded with talent and goes to the NFL and becomes the man? At what point do you get sick of repeating the talking points coming out of Allen Park and always ending up at square 1?

Dean over Hill every single time for me.

KT’s pressure rate last year was 50% higher than JJ’s (24% vs. 16%). Seems to me that you’re overly fixated on sacks. I don’t believe that will be all that important of a metric for the decision makers.

You hate KT for whatever reason. That’s fine. Different strokes for different folks. But KT was a productive pass rusher in college.

2 Likes

I do like sacks. I also like forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, touchdowns, interceptions, blocked kicks & punts, TFLs, PDs, etc. I don’t really care about made up stats from websites like PFF.

But on a per game basis KT’s career compares just fine to that of JJ in those categories. And btw, KT doesn’t just try and bull rush the tackle every play. It’s fine that you’re planting your flag in the KT sucks hill but you don’t need to opt for hyperbole. His hand usage needs work but he’ll take the corner, he’ll swim or rip, etc. He’s universally viewed as an exceptionally talented pass rusher for a reason.

1 Like

Not quite universally. His moves are very limited, never claimed he only bullrushed, just saw him use that frequently and I have to wonder how well that would carry over to the NFL when he’s rather on the small side.

Even when those “made up stats” predict future success? JJ watt had few sacks but a high pressure rate. Danielle Hunter had few sacks and a high pressure rate. Jayson/Odafe Oweh had few sacks and a high pressure rate.

2 Likes

One website shows KT with a high pressure rate and another shows him with a much more average pressure rate. This is what happens when you don’t define what pressure is. If you like one of these websites that’s great. Go ahead and post some stuff. The only chart I’ve seen posted around here it seemed like there weren’t any good players on the chart. Chase Young was the best player and he’s been pretty disappointing.