The more I think about our 1st pick

In all likelihood the only thing we know for definite is that Trever Lawrence will not be available at number 7.

I would expect Fields and Wilson to go in the top 6 as well and I think Sewell will also go in the top 6 - if not we should take him as he looks like a guy who will be a perennial pro bowler for the next decade and would turn what is a potentially solid O line into a dominant one.

So with those 4 guys likely gone that means we potentially will have at least two of Chase/Smith/Waddle/Parsons available at 7 for us. I’d be pretty happy with any one of those 4. Chase or Parsons would be my preferences at this moment.

Now there could also be a run on the WRs which would mean that one of Fields/Wilson could be there at 7 too and if they are I think a trade back might be the smart move as someone may well give us a bevvy of picks to move from the early/mid teens to 7.

Who knows maybe someone like Pitt or Slater could go in the top 6 or one of the guys I have mentioned might well tumble as the draft process unfolds but I think there will definitely be an opportunity for to pick a potential blue chip player at 7 this year - whether we do or not is another question

Niiiiice! LOL!

Was single at the time. My partner was married,so Next Man Up!

2 Likes

FlickeringGivingGroundbeetle-size_restricted

• Detroit Lions fan - check
  • Strip club - check
  • Undercover - check

@Weaselpuppy…,…are you Eddie Murphy?

4 Likes

We’re really in a great spot. The prospects are endless and really hard to blow this pick. Feel we have the right people in position and every aspect will be covered. I’m a happy camper, so far…

Guess my choice would be Parsons. Unless Zack Wilson falls to seven, but don’t think that will happen. My least option is a WR.

1 Like

Weeze was Jedi-training so he could be the man his current woman needs. Mission Accomplished!

I want trade down, WR (Home run ability), RB (Home run ability), OL (solid-to-awesome starter) in the first 2 rounds.

The whole spiel was chuckle-worthy (especially to my juvenile sensibilities), but this line is top-notch comedy writing.

I’m also curious on how OG Logan Stenberg handles his second year. He was mean prick at Kentucky and seems to be MCDC’s type of character.

1 Like

You think “Mr.Nasty” Logen Stenberg got a little fired up after hearing the kneecap speech? Hank Fraley and Dan Campbell…have at em’! I want to see what this kid brings to the table. Didn’t he start 40+ games in the SEC?

The other thing I like about picking an OT here is that it meshes with our timeline. Most of us agree that 2021 is not going to be the year. So it makes sense drafting a position where it takes more time to develop. Of course, QB is one. But OL and OT in particular is definitely another. It seems that WR and RBs can often hit the ground running lately. Granted, exceptions abound. But having a cohesive OL playing together for a period of time will be beneficial when 22 and 23 roll around. We are pretty set on the left side. A monster ROT or OG (both with a trade down preferably) could make alot of sense.

Alijah Vera-Tucker is another guy we should be thinking about at OT. Just finished watching him and I like him better than Slater. I like him much better as a tackle. I don’t know that he’ll fit what we want from a size requirement, but the same could be said about Slater.

We need a little more magic from those magic beans.

1 Like

Speaking of Logan, his Kentucky teammate Landon Young has the same demeanor, they could be our future right side of the line. Probably available after the 5th rd

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/landon-young/#:~:text=Kentucky%20offensive%20lineman%20Landon%20Young,offensive%20tackles%20in%20the%20draft.&text=They%20averaged%205.4%20yards%20per,called%20in%20the%20NFL%20Draft.

3 Likes

Assuming: Lawrence, Sewell, Chase, Smith, Wilson, and Fields are almost locks to be gone. That gives us the options of …

Lance(not a fan), Surtain Jr.(yes, I don’t mind doubling down on CBs two years in a row), Waddle, Parsons, or Slater(premium position - would love it). If our trajectory for truly competing is 3 years or so - OT Decker will be 30/31 years old around that time and could feasibly be on the downswing(I know OTs can play until their mid 30s at a high level, but Decker isn’t Pace, Jones, Thomas etc) of his career. Slater gives us reassurance and I’ve always thought Decker would be an elite RT.

1 Like

I think he has the kneecap part down pat. I hope he remembers the part about getting up with a smile. He was penalized a lot in college.

Yeah I agree with a lot of this (though I would have Farley in the mix at CB over Surtain). I really think OT could be in play and it should be. I know Slater is everyone’s favorite but I actually like Alijah Vera-Tucker better, especially as a tackle. I’d still be good with Slater though, and I like that they both have interior flexibility.

LA Rams LT Whitworth is 39…Just sayin…He’s been playing at a high level for many years.

Its the Lions we’re talking about, so not that much fun.

More like paying for ads-free Hulu.

1 Like

Yes Whitworth is 39, Whitworth is also a lot better then Decker and has always been. There’s a reason I went out of my way to mention OTs that played late into their careers - Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, you can throw Whitworth and Trent Williams into that mix, too. They were also way better in their primes then Decker. I also just think he’d be a tremendous RT.