The NFL fined #Lions LB Jack Campbell $14,871 for roughing the passer

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

The NFL fined #Lions LB Jack Campbell $14,871 for roughing the passer — a low hit on #Raiders QB Jimmy Garoppolo last week.
The reply’s to tweet even from Raider fans say yes flag was correct call but the fine is Bull Shit main are saying same thing.

This proves NFL just fine without even looking tell me how he is to stop from hitting QB when he tripped going through the Line an it shows on video This NFL is a crooked league an run like dam gangsters. Video shows he was tripped accident or intent can’t tell.

3 Likes

Just more evidence that Jack Campbell is playing at the fans expense.

3 Likes

Thats on top of the 10 grand that he paid Pff to raise his scores.

2 Likes

What BS! He inadvertently fell after the trip, couldnt hold up. Where is the comon sense after reviewing it? Penalty? Sure. You can accidentally committ a penalty, and should be no excuse. But piling on with a fine doesnt make sense at all.

4 Likes

Thiught it was interesting the jag player put his weight into the pickett and sent him from the game and got fined 7k less. Its clear campbell tripped on the left guard’s foot and fell into his knee.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1720895073825472934?t=WgJSfYu9LPxXkSpq5qcFYg&s=19

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s the same as you or me getting fined $5

Let’s see, a league headquartered in NYC and bet on in Vegas and online…
Nah! No way it’s corrupt.

3 Likes

I think it was deserved need to find away to avoid his knee . He will learn and be better for it .

1 Like

The penalty yes the fine no when your moving at his size an speed an get tripped your not in control of 250+ pounds. If you ran in your yard an suddenly get tripped unexpected you will not have control either.

4 Likes

Have to find a way .

1 Like

GoFundMe?

Nah this one is on Shiela. Check to the league might SAY Jack Campbell, but it’s not.

2 Likes

I know…

Fall Down GIF by CBS

2 Likes

It’s weird because I could have sworn someone was trying to tell us that Campbell “embarrasingly” tripped over his own feet and missed the sack…when in reality, it looks like the OG tripped him sending Campbell into the legs of Jimmy G.
They should be fining that O-lineman that intentionally tripped JC.

3 Likes

How can he be fined? He was tripped on his way to Jimmy

I figured they would look at the replay multiple times before issuing a fine, or are they that desperate for $$ they have to take it from a rookie

2 Likes

For someone making a salary of $50k per year, this is like a $1,000 fine.

2 Likes

He’s gotta be able to appeal that bullshit

3 Likes

I hope he can this fine is like stealing by NFL the penalty is ok the Fine is BS

2 Likes

The player can’t fall face first into the QBs knee. There has to be some attempt to fall away from them, not directly onto the leg. The player is responsible for making the effort to avoid injury.

2 Likes

What did you want him to do? Adjust angle while falling forward in air, like the JFK magic bullet?

1 Like