The NFL significantly OVERVALUES QBs (we do in here too)!

You’re good, my bro. I often lose track of who I’m talking to in these conversations. I used to do it on purpose. I am VERY conscious to not “carry beef” with someone from one convo to another…I just think it’s silly. it has actually led to me responding to the wrong person at times and caused some ppl to get triggered. LOL. MY fault, on more than one occasion.

1 Like

LOL, but you my follicly challenged friend, :wink: I would like to believe has a ton of leeway. Id think everyone knows you try to come from a positive perspective even in a disagreement.

2 Likes

I’ve watched some more hi lights and listened to some of you. My main believe is in Dan Campbell. He’s gifted. Dude is special. It helps me to believe more in brother Goff. I’ve been feeling myself shift a little more pro-Goff the last week or so. Still wish he had more of a warrior’s spirit. It can be taught (to a degree), but it helps so much when it’s a bigger part of who you are.

I 1000% believe in Goff’s ability. I reeeeaaally root for him, because if he can do it, I think there’s a really great chance I get my DT and RB next offseason.

How good is Jaylen Carter? Trade up w/2 firsts?
Is there another Javonte Williams available next year? Trade to top of 2nd?

If Golfing wets his pants, we’re going QB instead…sets the rebuild back probably by 2 or 3 years.

National Football League Idk GIF by Detroit Lions

3 Likes

We’re on the same page here. I hope Goff is the answer long term. I think he’s got a legit chance, im up to 60/40 on him succeeding here. I truly hope he does, it makes things so much easier if he does. If not the search begins, lol

Oh, don’t forget Will Anderson. I would be stoked to get him. Would love another shot at a Javonte!! I loved him almost as much as you, lol

1 Like

He’s good but I personally wouldn’t trade up for a non-QB unless it was Will Anderson or JSN.

I would trade literally every draft pick we had for the next 3 years if it got us Will Anderson.

That’s just my thinking today though.

The best RB is Bijan Robinson and he’s really good but I don’t think he’s the bruiser you’re looking for.

Today he’s going in the teens somewhere.

1 Like

I only wanna do it if he is a Suh-like monster man…but I’m in if he is.

Bijan is fun to say, but if he can’t run some folks over and has home run ability…meh…

If it shakes down like you say, BPA, if we dont’ need to go qB

1 Like

Will Anderson is going to be at least the prospect Suh was. And that would mean he had a letdown season this year, which does not seem likely at all.

Nick Saban had to tell him to stop hitting the QB in the spring game. Alabama’s tackles couldn’t block him worth anything.

And here’s this for you…

I agree with this.

Penei’s brother Noah is a 1st round LB prospect. Will be interesting to see if we go after him.

But obviously the board will change a lot between now and then. I expect to be picking at around 14 and say 24. Wonder how far that gets you if you wanted to move up.

1 Like

LET’S DO THIS. Step the ■■■■ up, Goff…so I can have my DL.
I’ll survive it’s a DE instead of a DT.

And remember, this is as a sophmore.

1 Like

It’s been that way for 50 years.
The point is, Goff is at least qualified.

Goff is super-duper boderline, imo. He’s gonna kick a ton of ass in the regular season, I have absolute faith in that. He will win 10 games, and the Gofflings will be like, “I told you so!”…while pointing at me…and I’ll be like…“I told YOU so!”

IMO, playoffs are what matters. Problem w/that approach is…the only way you can know is to get to the playoffs. If he crushes ass, we win…if not…it’s too late and we didn’t know until it was too late…then we start the MF’n thing all over. SO hard to upgrade QB, even if all you have is Rodney Peete.

I guess I missed where Stafford took a 0 or 1’wim team that drafted him to a SB? Sorry

I bet getting Stafford on the line would end this topic pretty quick… anyone got his number? Lol.

“Hey Matt- how much harder is it as a 21-23 year old to lead a locker room, a defense, and overcome adversity vs a veteran?”

One more question Matt- “so taking a QB top 3 in the draft to a talent deprived team is a recipe for struggle?”

I’m guessing Matt would say from experience that after about age 27 the game slows down, and it’s possible he’d also agree that a stacked roster helps.

Consider:

2022 - 1957 = 65 years.

65 years/32 teams = 2.03 expected championships

2.03 expected - 0 observed championships = 2 championships owed to us.

Conclusion: Whether you’re a Goffling or one of the Stapfford wives, if God is fair, and created all teams equal, we’re in for back to back SB rings!

2 Likes

Unless we somehow shock me with 4-5 wins, or a 6’3” 225 pound QB with a cannon arm and decent mobility appears with a 40 plus td season in NCAA next year, I’m rolling with Goff

You can like Goff and still want an upgrade.

5 Likes

No way!!!
:wink:

it’s so weird that some ppl miss this all together. If you want to upgrade, you’re a Goff hater. Goes right over my head. I’ve had a couple of people telling me that I don’t feel how I feel. Essentially, they know how I feel MORE than I know how I feel, and I am a liar for saying that I feel the way I do.

If that’s not trauma bonding and NEEDING your own story to be right to protect your ego…

Some folks are hard MF’n core.

I feel like this narrative started with Stafford. It should have been easy to become elite once we had Stafford. The fact that we could barely get to .500 is an indictment on this franchise, really. I’m not trying to hate or anything, or that Stafford is without blame, but nevertheless truly it is.

I mean its sort of like starting a marathon with a five mile ahead start. Sure, other people can win the race, but you have an advantage. Anybody who watched the playoffs know exactly what the value of a playmaking QB is. And forget Super Bowls. Looks at Conference Championship participants year in and year out. The final four. Most years like 3 of the teams have an elite QB. And the ones that don’t usually have a QB playing well within the system or a great offensive mind as coach.

This isn’t to say that you can’t be the recent SB Champ Eagles, or the 49ers of recent years. Its just that all other things being equal having a top tier QB is an immense advantage. Its like a race to 2 million dollars savings with a head start of one million in the bank vs the others. Ask yourself this: if Kyle Shanahan had traded that draft capital for Stafford instead of Lance, would they have won the SB?

1 Like

The QB is not as important as any position In basketball. Football is the ultimate team sport. 53 guys can make a difference in winning and losing. QBs only play on one side of the ball… and only touch it on less than half the plays.

Now, within football… it is by far the most important position. Now, the best team has the best shot to win it all… there are so many things that have to go right to be average at QB but be the best team. It’s much easier to scheme against other positions. It’s easier to scheme against DEs, WRs, CBs etc. It’s easier to shift a team away from it’s strengths if the QB is average. An elite QB opens up your possibilities, your adjustments, play style, etc. So, if you have injuries, you can adjust easier. Teams attack you a certain way? You can adapt.

Championship teams don’t stay the same throughout the year. There are too many variables. Teams get more tape, rosters change, etc. Teams with average QBs can win it all. But they tend to fluctuate more. They may win it all then go 7-9 the next year… because they had some line injuries… Or teams adjusted to their play, and they couldnt change and beat them. Typically solid teams with elite QBs compete more consistently for divisions, playoffs,etc.

1 Like