The NFL's suspension of Jameson Williams for sports betting looks increasingly unreasonable

At least they will address this in the off season. They can add the amended rule in Chapter 4 of the NFL rule book. Affectionally called around these parts as the Lion chapter.

4 Likes

Can you please learn how to use punctuation so you can be understood. Also please learn the difference between the following words:

Our and are
An and and
There, their, and they’re

Please and thank you!!!

Until the league changes its mind of course :yum:

6 Likes

You correct me when you can’t even find the Cap button on a key board ok I understand you have problems carry on

4 Likes

@whynotme

Always complaining about something.

Super beta vibes

Didn’t see anything in that document about punishment, standard punishments, or appealing.

1 Like

Goodell said they are still working out how to deal with Betting.
Years ok he said the league was against betting then now he sent government list of 4 things he wants to control gambling.
Since the High Court gave the control to states. He wants control so the League( owners ) get a piece .
Hass far as players he even said they are still working on it, how do you issue punishment for betting on lets say Basketball when you have or will have sports betting machines in like Ford field.
They have jumped at gambling to fill there pockets with money without any regard to players. They make up punishment on the fly for non NFL bets WHY?
I have no problem with punishment for NFL players an staff for being suspended for betting on NFL games.
I do not think betting on a basketball game or college football should be suspended.
Now if they want that then the first ones suspended should just be 1 or 2 games as a warning an in future could be more. They should set the number of games or time in future.

This is typical of rushing into something without careful considerations of what can happen or how to handle it. Reminds me of the Gun Ho get electric car when grids can’t handle it.

6 Likes

I will take you back to the 2016 season. Eagles OT Lane Johnson is suspended for 10 games for performance enhancing drugs. Generally speaking they say PED suspensions are automatic. Appeals are sorted out quickly and the player always loses (I can think of 2 exceptions). Under normal circumstances Lane should have missed the game vs the Lions which happened in week 5 (game 4), and then he would have been eligible to play for the first time of the year against the Packers in week 12 (game 11).

For reasons only known to the NFL they allowed a player with a PED suspension play the first 4 games of the season. Which meant 5 weeks into the season he was allowed to play against the Lions. Immediately after the game against the Lions his suspension was upheld. So he missed the next 10 games as scheduled, which coincidentally included missing a game against the Packers that was originally supposed to be his coming out party after his suspension.

So weird.

4 Likes

Whoopsie! Broke the filter, again (as Nate throws his hands in the air, mouthing what the fffffff).

2 Likes

From what I saw, “team property” includes bus or plane, and hotel room during away games. So theoretically, Jamo could have been sitting in a hotel room on a Saturday evening watching college ball, placed a bet and gotten in trouble.

5 Likes

They’ll “drag their feet” (wink wink) on the “investigation”, until next season…so they can modify the rules to “properly enforce” the new rules.

Y E S!!!

4 Likes

Thankfully the all caps you used in the post will cause this to stop and not happen again.
Nice.
Thank you

3 Likes

APPEAL THE SUSPENSION…FREE JAMO!!!

5 Likes

Just so I’m clear, the weed enthusiast is sick of hearing people complain about rules they don’t like?

3 Likes

This is what happens when you spend days/weeks locked in your basement trimming just you and the bong. Seen it happen many many times.

But everyone else is the problem…

1 Like

First I heard that a sports book ratted them out. Was this in that Athletic article also?

Different enunciation. .

Good Morning What GIF by Barbara Pozzi

2 Likes

I may have that wrong. It was something I heard in a news story a while back and may have been conjecture. I read something yesterday that said the league has a partner that is responsible for monitoring gambling, they may simply be granted access to the facility internet logs. Not sure. And I don’t subscribe to The Athletic so I could only see the first few paragraphs…

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

1 Like