The plan with the 2 1st round picks after 2 weeks

I do appreciate your optimism. It’s what the draft is all about. However, Levi hasn’t played impactful football since 2019. Been injured and on the sideline most of the past 2 years. It’s 75% likely he’s done and will never make it in the NFL. Paschal has some intrigue but sadly has missed a bunch of his developmental reps here in his rookie season. Rodrigo has been a big positive. We’ll see if he develops into something special. Lastly, hate to say it because I like the guy, but Barnes is not a guy who is likely to start in this league. Instincts aren’t there.

While I’d be surprised if Brad took a RB in the first, it’s not difficult to see the need for a rugged RB who can fully leverage our incredibly talented OLine (when everybody isn’t injured).

Sure, Swifty is electric when healthy, but he’s literally hardly ever been healthy! So our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string RBs are trotted out week after week. It hamstrings our offense. We lose our smash mouth mentality in the process. So yeah, I could see Brad recognizing that and addressing it in the first 3 rounds to solve that recurring problem.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, but I kinda like Noah Sewell better but I would take Simpson without question…

It might not be popular the my 2 1st Rd guys are
Noal Sewell
And Calijah Kancey.

And I might still add a guy like Mazi Smith in the 3rd. Or add Payne in FAs.

scared season 5 GIF

1 Like

I keep wondering if Simpson will go in the top 10…
and not that I think he “the next Micah Parsons”….
but I wouldn’t be surprised if a team sees his versatility and pass ability as enough of a bonus to have his climb some draft boards.

1 Like

Trenton who? I’m on the Drew Sanders train now. This weekend’s game against Bama may launch him way up into the first round. He’s already Hairspray Mel’s #1LB. He’s got more pass rushig chops than Trenton and is a similar but bigger athlete.

I would think Sanders is an edge guy in the NFL with his height and length… while Simpson could be viewed as either full time edge or or hybrid role like Parsons… but I very well might be wrong.

How do you see NFL projecting them?

I see Drew Sanders as a Julian Peterson type. A do it all LBer who happens to have high end pass rushing chops. 6’5" 235lbs running upper 4.4s make him a sideline to sideline and coverage asset as well and there is some tape of him flashing the off-ball LBer skills while he was at Bama (even though he was typically aligned outside).

Abslutely insane that they couldn’t find playing time for him. Dallas Turner, Willl Andrrson and Drew Samders would be just about the best set of college LBs you’ll ever see. Thugg aturner has been MIA this year.

1 Like

I think Simpson could play anywhere from safety to edge, he’s a true Swiss army knife for a defense. I wouldn’t line him up at edge as often as Parsons does (or as often as I would Drew Sanders), nor would I have him drop as a safety all that regularly, but he can do those things. He might be a force multiplier for us, opening up the defense in a way few other guys could.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of both. I think when all is said and done those two are going to be perceived to be the two premium LBs in this draft (if both declare).

Love Jack Campbell. A Jack Lambert throwback. Love him in the 2nd.

1 Like

That was nasty!

That Iowa LB is a real throwback isn’t he??

Sanders is a throwback and a freak athlete with high end pass rushing skills. I think he could be a foundational piece for us.

1 Like

Ah. Campbell. Misread. Yes he is. The Mad Stork was a comp I yhrew out a few weeks back.

Watching him play today he’s kinda mid.

That’s who Kalimba Edwards was. But instead of using that skillset, we had him coming off a broken leg bulk up to 270 lbs and play DE full time. And then we wonder why we suck.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.