The Rams Pick Will Be #23

Hmmm, on second thought, who would want a chance to draft Olave, Berks, Davis, or any other potential high end talent that we could miss out on, when it’d be much better to see Matt win a SB? My mind is changed.

I for one am neither surprised or troubled. I just prefer the slight edge of better beans to a nice story. And as it turns out, I don’t control results on the field; Roger Goodell does.

If Matt and the Rams win the Super Bowl, it will make a nice story of persistence and vindication. I will be happy for him, his impulsive wife, and all those who crave a Hallmark moment for him.

And then I’ll kick the dog…

Why in the hell is something like that necessary?

I’m sorry a woman with an opinion challenges you in a way that makes you uncomfortable.

But the 50s are over.

And they were never great.

Get over it.

Well, it cuts both ways doesn’t it? If you poke fun at posters for rooting for better “beanz”, don’t be surprised when posters poke fun at those who root for Matt at the expense of the “beanz”.

Personally, I don’t get why somebody would root for an ex player over a better draft pick for their favorite team but I can also respect that opinion.

1 Like

And there is the strongly held opinion that covid has made the 2022 draft much deeper than a normal draft and you’re looking at extremely good prospects at the 23rd pick.

Let me address this, because I think it’s a common misconception: I don’t watch Rams games. Now that they’re in the playoffs? Well, yeah, it’s the playoffs. I hope Matt does well, but if he doesn’t, I don’t really care. If he shits the bed and the Lions gain a few spots, great. I just don’t think it makes or breaks the rebuilding. But other than the Stafford poster on my ceiling, it’s very platonic.

Most that hope Matt does well feel the same. We’re not rooting for Matt like we pull for the Lions, we’re just not actively rooting against Matt. We’re largely indifferent.

I’ve seen 30 years of drafts for the Lions. People making the case that a handful of slots are going to mean something to this franchise is silly to me.

And yes, of course it cuts both ways: it’s an internet message board based on a team that won 3 games all year. What the hell else are we going to argue about?

3 Likes

Nate gets to wear the “Voice of Reason” hat for the rest of the day. That’s very well stated.

2 Likes

Why Silly? We have new people running the show now, why not let them choose from the best talent available. That to me is why the higher draft spot matters. It could make a difference.

That’s why people trade up in the draft isn’t it?

1 Like

I do think that some posters just don’t like Stafford and will root against him regardless, in an “I told you so” manner if he fails, but I think the majority are rooting against him and the Rams because it helps the Lions draft pick. I can’t speak for anybody else but I know that certainly applies to me. If the Lions draft pick wasn’t attached to the Rams success, I’d probably cheer for the Rams to win it all.

I guess I don’t see the big deal for rooting for a better draft pick for your favorite team. Fans will almost always root for a higher draft pick for their team especially in a rebuilding situation. I think you’re looking too deeply into this tbh.

1 Like

Same here.

… did you miss my point where I explained that myself and others are largely indifferent?

Over/under Stafford int’s 1.5

I was hoping to bet on this but didn’t see it on the betting app

You keep saying stuff like posters are acting like jumping a few draft spots is making or break the rebuild. Who is acting like it’s the end of the world if the Rams go far in the playoffs?

I have no idea what point you’re trying to make. You appear to be the one who is reading too much into it.

You literally said that some people are acting like where the Rams pick lands will make or break the rebuild. Like, literally said that, so how am I reading too much into it?

Anyway, this is going nowhere. I hope the Rams lose tonight because I prefer the 23rd pick to the 28th or lower. Go Cards

1 Like

It’s not necessary. Neither is pretzel-tossing, which was my first choice before I settled on impulsive. Kelly is an outsize personality and a fun gal. I’m not hating on any one.

I’m just having fun and not taking all this as seriously as you are. The 60s are over too and I still sign my personal letters Peace and Love.

Peace and Love, Nate.

2 Likes

P.S. Bring back the big block engine.

1 Like

And hot pants!

hippie GIF

1 Like

My bad, misread your post.

:peace_symbol: