The Stellar Debut of Demetrilicious Taylor

Yeah for sure and agree… although, if you’re not a team in the top 10 of the league, are they someone you want to bring in to play a year and move on? Or just take your lumps this year and address next year? Speaking specifically to the Lions… we aren’t going to be a top 10 team, and while one of those guys would help, is it really worth it in the long run projection?

3 Likes

Extremely valid question brother! As a fan, I want to win now, my patience is running thin after 35+ years of being a fan, like I’m sure it is with most Lions fans. But, you are probably right. Let the kids play, develop them is probably the best strategy long term.

4 Likes

I guess I’m just making the same argument made for backup QB, we draft or sign someone this year that could come in and win games, but T the same time is that really gonna benefit the team in the long run when we can develop the guys we have and see what they got and then continue to build on a solid foundation next year with young guys and better draft picks if things go south.

I forget who brought it up in a previous thread but @HSVLion mentioned it too… so Goff goes down and we have Willis for example, is that really what we want right now is a guy to come in and win a few unexpected games, or to just let it go and then have great picks again next year?

I dunno which side I lean to and I do like the idea of bringing back Suh… but also trying to think of this from Holmes’ perspective and how he ultimately wants to build the roster and where he sees the team in year 2 of a rebuild

4 Likes

Same thoughts, the Koolaid starts to hit and my feelings take over, and I wanna make moves, but I think I’m getting ahead of myself. This is year 2 of a massive rebuild. @QBHATER90 keeps preaching patience, he’s probably right.

5 Likes

I think the same but reality is this isn’t a rebuild it’s starting from scratch. The offense is obviously light years ahead of last year it’s just to soon to have high expectations. Sure we can have high expectations of the DT’s we drafted last year but sometimes it takes more than a year for guys to get it. You just can’t expect to build a winner from scratch in 2 years. As long as we keep improving I’m good with that.

6 Likes

But, I want more now!!! haha I’m greedy.

I get it though, if the Lions win 7 games next year, how many of us hardcore fans would really complain!?

That would be a great leap and improvement.

Oh Okay I Understand Will Ferrell GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

Holy chit spell that name all the dayum time. my new name is just DT…no way am I spelling Demetrilicious Taylor all da time dog.

1 Like

The reality is that if Dan and his staff doesn’t at least flirt with .500 he will never be a winner here. So this is an important season.

3 Likes

I’m out of likes, but I love it!

1 Like

Breshad Perriman would say otherwise

1 Like

Well, we ate 2 mil with him.

Do we eat 4 mil with Brockers?

And we’re not talking cap hit here… we’re talking cold, hard cash. We paid Perriman 2 mil to go away. I just don’t see that happening with Brockers at 4 mil.

Diverticulosis Taylor

I’d love to see Suh back here

3 Likes

Our DT play does give me massive intestinal pain and precedes uncontrollable crapping…so yeah thats probably a better descriptor of the current entire rotation at DT

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to stay away from Taco Bell as well friend :+1:

4 Likes

Del Taco all the way

5 Likes

I’ll meet you half way with Diverticulicious…if Mr. Taylor agrees. Don’t get the jersey yet.

1 Like

Here is the thing….

If a team can hit on 2, maybe 3 draft picks in a year it’s AWESOME!

Sewell and ASB are those guys already, and I’d say that McNeill is pretty close in my book…

That would be a GREAT DRAFT if all the other guys were already cut!

• we had so few starting caliber players on our team prior to last draft, it’s added pressure and unrealistic expectations.

…… I think we hit another homer with Hutch, and likely have a stud in Jamo too…

So if the only really good players we got in the last 2 years were Sewell, ASB, Hutch and Jamo- then we are well ahead of the curve….

I still have hope for McNeill, Levi, Iffy, Barnes, Paschal, Joseph and M Rod…

Let’s say 3 of the latter group become good starters…

It would make Holmes an All Pro drafter that inherited a shit team.

3 Likes

No- we don’t.

Brockers will be a 55 plus pff guy this year…

Forumites are tripping because our injured guys are… well- Injured?

Let’s make it really simple…

We lost to Philly last year by a lot, we are more injured than they are, and they made playoffs last year- while being on of the more improved teams in the league going into 22’

I expect a 31- 20 loss week 1- we will be missing 3-4 key bodies and again- THEY ARE A BETTER ROSTER-

Worrying we can’t beat Philly in week one is kind of like MSU or H of M fans worrying about the OSU game- why? Prepare for the loss and celebrate the unexpected victory.

Wanting a 12 win team doesn’t equate to expecting one? Expecting a 7-8 win team win team means we lose to then 9-10 best teams on our schedule.

1 Like

We have to push Hurts into a shit game with pressure/contain/tight cover to have a chance against them.

1 Like