The Stellar Debut of Demetrilicious Taylor

I submit to my fears on this one. It’s an L for me, and I’ll die inside when it happens but I’ve written it in-

They have a great OL, similar TE, comparable RB group, more proven WRs healthy week 1… much better D

If we had Paschal, Romeo, Levi, Julian, Jamo all healthy and Hock at 100%a then I’d give us a 40% chance. We don’t.

Yeah Im at 30%. I think it will br close for a lot of thr game though

2 Likes

Yeah, but …

If your team has top ten picks and multiple high rounders the bar should be raised a but.

I think the '21 draft is already very good with some potential to grow. Not willing to agree about the '22 draft yet. Need more than Hutchinson + another starter for all of that capital

1 Like

If that was the case the Lions should won 5 Superbowls for all the high round draft picks we have had.

LOL - Niiiice!!

McNeil is a nice peace, but he’s not “the guy.” I want a Duh-type character in there.

I think McNeil has the floor of solid starter.
Paschal, if healthy will be super-fun to watch at DE (a B+ starter).
M.Rod is gonna be a really nice starter.
Joseph will be absolutely fine-to-good, because our DL will be so good next year.
Iffy is turning into a very nice piece already, IMO (again, paired with our DL next year…more than ample)
Barns …TBD
Levi…TBD → very inconclusive

I think we get much more than 3. :wink:

Holmes is a stud!

Agree → we have to attack the weak link. I predict we get a turnover or 2 an keep it interesting.
I used to teach 3 facets of the game

1. Mental…Mistakes/Lack of… (penalties, missed tackles, etc)
  2. The fist fight - outhitting or being out hit…wearing them down.
  3. Football game - Time of Possession, execution, total yardage, etc.
    All 3 play into the scoreboard (winning)
    I think they beat us at football.
    I think we can hang with them, and possibly win the fist fight and impose our will
    It’s possible we could make less mistakes, but we’re pretty damn young.

I think weeze nailed it…gotta attack the weak link.

1 Like

Except in the NFL.
Look at Cincinnati.
Earlier Carolina. I know there’s many examples.
It can be done, and this year it seems to me that the division is there for the taking. So say Sheldon Richardson costs some bucks, and it hinders (Levi’s?, Alim’s?) development. Say it adds two wins and you go from 8-9 to 10-7, and that gets you into the playoffs or even the division crown.
I’m OK with that. If a team gets hot at the right time you never know.

Maybe he’s Kickilicious’ kid.

2 Likes

I’m a little perplexed by the issue with his name.
It’s Demetrius… and that isn’t even a rare name.
If we can take the time to analyze all things Lions football… can’t we at least expect dedicated fans to learn the names of the players???

What issue?
Have you looked at the title of the thread? I would guess it’s an intentional spelling by the OP because he liked Demetrius’ play, (note “Stellar Debut”)
As long as he doesn’t play his way off the team, we’ll figure it out.

1 Like

Bingo!!

1 Like

You’re right because he’s got $4M in salary guaranteed for 2022. None after that.

1 Like

I feel ya, I would like to see a winner before I die. The Lions have about 30 years or so to do it. lol. 7 wins is about where I have them for this year.

1 Like

I would love to get tickets to the “won 7 games in one season” banner ceremony as they hang it up in the rafters!

2 Likes

In an Athletic article today about the final 53 roster, Nick Baumgardner and Colton Pouncey had Demetrius Taylor making the cut…and Michael Brockers. I do know how I feel about this. LOL

2 Likes

I don’t think money necessarily guarantees a spot and that is the way it should be. I don’t know where Jamie Collins was cap wise when they dumped him but to me that was an example where they weren’t getting what they expected out of a guy they were counting on to be a veteran starter. Perriman is another example. I understand wanting a guy like Brockers that first year, helping ingrain that work ethic etc. But that is well established now and we have a team chock full of go hard guys. We cannot at this point dump a more talented Dlineman because of 4M dollars or “respect.” Dumping Brockers would not harm us cap wise. If it gets remotely close to that, then go to a guy like Ragnow who could tweak his deal a little and give us any room we’d need. I’d put Cornell and Taylor on our roster over Brockers.

2 Likes

Haha the banner would go right beside the 2008 Preseason Champions banner!

2 Likes

noooo , It’s Demetrilicious per the heading.

1 Like

I think there’s one slight difference.

Collins was a “Patriot Way” holdover from the prior regime, wasn’t trying, and made it clear he didn’t really want to be here.

Holmes traded for a guy Campbell said could wield the hammer of Thor. I’d be surprised if Brockers is cut.

As for Perriman, the dude couldn’t catch a cold. He played his way off the roster.