The take that The Rams must make the Playoffs Or a Bowl in 2021 is a joke!

I’m not sure how you come to the conclusion that these are close. You’re comparing a top-ten rushing offense to a bottom-three. Last year’s Rams rushing offense is better than any here in Detroit the last 12 years.

I disagree with, wolf. Listen they traded Stafford to win it all and nothing less.

Agree - aside from rushing TDs, not remotely close. 100 more attempts. 500 more yards. C’mon, man! Not even close.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s disgusting

McVay is a dead man walking…serves his arrogant azz right

it’s a story that some of you have made up in your heads. :wink:
It’s not true, with possibly one exception.

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing. They had more than 100 more rushing attempts than we did, averaging higher yards per attempt and more than 30 more yards per game. Clearly rushing was a much bigger part of the Rams’ offense–an offense that won twice as many games as the Lions, in a tougher division, and reached the second round of the playoffs. Gotta REALLY squint to see how that’s “close.”

1 Like

I didn’t even take that into account - tougher competition, twice as many wins! 2 people using the exact same numbers to prove completely opposite ideas.

1 Like

thank you-wise words.

The Rams have been a Superbowl contender, not just a “playoff team” for the last few years. They mortgaged a big chunk of their future specifically to get over the hump and win the Superbowl. I would flip your argument and say only Stafford apologists would not lay the blame on Stafford if the team regresses and doesn’t make the playoffs. And I’m a Stafford fan by the way. Love you Wolf, but this is a bad take.

1 Like

If rams lose Ramsey or Donald by injury ,they are done .This trade is more like two people comfortable to work together like Sean and stafford . They could have gone Watson also giving three first rounds , but it seems to be people who ate comfortable to each other

No I dont see 4.1 vs 4.3 and two touchdowns as a world of difference in fact, If the lions had even a middle of the pack defense those numbers were even closer, The Rams attempts are more than the Lions because the Ram D allowing them to run the ball. More often than not the lions were playing from behind. Yes the Rams did run the Ball 106 times more than the Lions, But Ill go by the fact the Ram defense was in the top 3 of the league and the lions were in the bottom 3 . Not because the Rams are some kind juggernaut in the run game . Looking at it from a statistic view. If The lions run the ball 106 more times, equal to the Rams, at their 4.1 average, that would put the lions at 1.986 vs Rams 2.018 for a difference of 32 total yards over the entire YEAR Since this trade happened I went back and looked at a lot of rams games. That ram O line isnt anything special. Cam Akers is a good back but there are a host of better running backs in the league I would take before Akers. Including the one we have ,Swift. he has more upside and I think he is going to have a great year running and catching the ball in 2021. I"ll stand by the notion that the Ram won AND lost in the playoffs because of their defense not because of a loaded offense filled with play makers. Ask yourself, If the Lions had that Ram D last year would they have gone 10 and 6, better ?

Yeah, the best thing that could happen is the Rams go 0-16. I’m sure that will never happen with their roster but I’m hoping for a 6-10 season from them to give us their 1st pick around pick around pick 10-12.

good stuff. Hey weren’t you part of the old Den , before the “split” and 247 ?

I would love for them to have a terrible record, but we still have to make a good selection. I only say that as a precursor to laugh at the Rams for a second. They got a nice haul from the Redskins in the RG3 trade and the Redskins ended up going 3-13 and had the #2 overall pick in the 2014 draft. The Rams blew that pick on Greg Robinson.

I am getting back to my Lion roots and as much as I like Stafford and would like to see him do well, at this point couple of top ten picks from LA would be great.

And the irony if Detroit actually gets their front office and coaching hires right for a change and it happens the year Stafford asks to leave, well even better for Detroit. Pretty big IF though.

1 Like

wagon

I’m not sure what your point is other than wild hypotheticals.

The Lions stunk at rushing the ball. More attempts wouldn’t have made them any better.

Yes, the Rams had a good defense. They had more rushing attempts in part because of that. But defenses also would know that the Rams were rushing it in those situations, so they would be rushing against more 8-man fronts and run blitzes.

There’s no way around the reality that the Rams had a top-ten rushing offense and the Lions had a bottom-three. It’s an objective fact, and the gulf in productivity is hard to minimize.

1 Like

If the Rams miss the playoffs next year…I highly doubt the narrative is going to be “well,he needs time to learn the offense, its ok” lol. People will be CRUCIFYING HIM.

That being said, they will make the playoffs. And will probably be a title contender. So this will be mute.

2 Likes

On point

As well they should (assuming the defense and running game don’t digress to Lion-like levels).

Agreed.

moo2

1 Like