Then I ran across this

we got to get there–first.

Those are damn near Jack Fox numbers.

Yup - guaranteed.

Exactly - means little to nothing to Dan and Brad either…I promise. It’s growth and progress, and that is supposed to happen. Time to take another step, if we win 10.

Done with the old way of being. I know a lot of Lions fans will shit thier pants if we draft a QB high, but if we can upgrade, we should. This is not the old Lions standard any more, and IMO, we should not be thinking like Lions fans of the past anymore either. Winning is the new way, and not just in regular season.

No more “high bar, taking the wind, sharp shovel bullshit.” We have a front office whose goal is the Super Bowl. THAT is the difference.

Unless you count his average yards/pass…which was dead last. Stats are not proof…they can give you tendanceis. It’s so easy to cherry pick the ones that support our narrative. Goff had a hot streak in the end, for sure. He will have momentum, for sure. Also…to try and spin that he had a good season as a whole is waaaaayyy off base.

Of course, just my opinion.

have to start getting 10 wins on a regular–first.

There’s so much in here, I’m not sure what you are responding to, brother.
I don’t think Brad and Dan wait until we start getting 10 wins on the regular before trying to upgrade any position…QB included.

I promise you, when we get 10 wins, Brad and Dan will be talking about “stepping stone” and how “it’s not good enough,” and how “we have higher standards than that.”

I promise.

1 Like

Brady on the Lions would suddenly be bottom 5.

1 Like

your window for getting there may be a little longer than my window. I want us to be there in 2023, not still be thinking about how we’re gonna get there. Not unheard of in the NFL today. Look at Cincy.

1 Like

we have to go all the way back to 2014 , the last time we won 10 games…11 that season. so it’s been 8 years since we had 10 wins? I am using ten wins as a “starting point” saying IF this team could start reaching AT LEAST 10 wins with a fairly regular pace, there is no reason we cannot reach more. I said (first -we have to start averaging 10 wins . not 3 , not 5 , not 7, not 8, 10. meaning USUALLY we reach 10 win seasons…I KNOW the goal is Playoffs and Bowls, but IF your football team can’t even reach AT LEAST 10 games pretty regular, then Playoffs and more isn’t much of a reality.

I don’t want to barely eek our way in and then get our butts handed to us pretty quickly. IF we reach The Playoffs ? I want to be highly competitive in the games…so MAYBE we could actually reach a Bowl.

I’m talking contending for a SB next season…“regularly” means several seasons in a row. ■■■■ 10 wins. Let’s go for it :wink:
SB NOW. :wink:

Within 1-2 years, we should be competing…no time to build up 10 win averages. Now is the time.

This does not matter → at all. Lions fans get to have a new standard. Trust me, it’s more fun this way. The past has nothing to do with this team.
New owner
New Front offices
New GM
New coach
new players.
that is not this.

1 Like

10 wins back to back would be some shit none of us have seen. Last three seasons we won 10 games, 2014, 2011, and 1995. I have some optimism about what’s been going on with the new regime but I’ll settle for a few year run and a playoff win. Baby steps.

cheeet we been talking bowls since Leave it to beaver was a brand new show, I’ll believe that when I see it.

Yes you will, my bro. Yes…you…will.
I’ll be happy AF for ya, when you do.

1 Like

We all need to be a bit cautious on LY’s 5-6 game stretch.
How does a team prepare for teams like Jax, Det, & Houston. Not the level of intensity from the competition we will see early in 22 or when become a good team.

Or flip it…,

How many teams, what percentage of playoff teams have made the playoffs in the last 10-20 years with 9 or less wins?

2 Likes

great point.