Thibodeaux interview

Guy is an advertising major and a 3rd year sophomore, but he’s worried about Alabama’s education.

No, he’s not.

He’s talking out his butt.

I do believe the part about Nike though. Even though it doesn’t make any sense.

3 Likes

sad eric cartman GIF by South Park

2 Likes

I think Stingley will be good the fastest and could end up the best of the top 5.

Of course we had to take Okudah a couple of years ago to prevent us from taking Stingley now.

I agree I think Stingley’s a stud. In fact I love this CB class. Booth is one of my favorite prospects in the draft. Sauce Gardner too. McCreary is really good, Kyler Gordon, Kaiir Elam, McDuffie, all have some really plus traits.

1 Like

Lots of people go to college for 7 years!

Not a good comp IMO. Suh certainly had other interests, and loved himself some himself, but on the field the switch came on and you were NEVER left wanting with Suh’s effort. He was a relentless type player and Tibbs is not. I don’t care if you want to be rich and you have an inflated ego. Not ideal on the latter, but if you are aloof out of touch AND your switch goes on and off during games then no, you are not someone I want to invest a 2OA pick on. Up there you CANNOT take a flake on the field. Methinks DC is going to put the turd lable on him.

We have to hope Jax goes with the OT and feel good enough about Allen and Chaisson that they pass on Hutch. If not, sorry it’s trade down for Hamilton for me.

6 Likes

I do not think Okudah prevents us from taking Stingley at all.

Especially with Okudah coming off an Achilles injuries. His career could be over. There’s no telling with those types of injuries.

I honestly think CB is very much in play for us with one of our first 3 picks.

I could see DET drafting a CB high and if Okudah returns to form they could trade him for a future pick.

CB is such a critical position and we have so many question marks. CB is definitely in play if you ask me.

1 Like

Kendrick when he’s right is pretty damn solid. He’s definitely had an up and down career though.

I agree that it is definitely in play, but without a trade down I cannot see us taking Derek Stingley with the 2nd pick in the draft.

I learned my lesson with 2019 LSU last year when I thought Smith was better than Ja’Marr Chase. Chase was better than Justin Jefferson who just set the rookie receiving yard record and nobody thought that Chase could then go break the record of the guy he was better than. Well, at least I didn’t.

Stingley is the last major piece of that team, and I think that the same principle is going to apply. We saw him be great so long ago that everyone thinks he’s not as good now because of recency bias. Same with Thibodeaux without the mental stuff.

I absolutely cannot see Dan Campbell signing off on a corner in the top 5.

I can see John Dorsey doing it since he took Denzel Ward 4th overall.

It will be interesting, but the trade has to happen first IMO.

I absolutely can see us walking away with a Roger McCreary at 34 though. I like Sauce and Booth too but I think they both go before the Rams pick.

Yeah if it weren’t for his off-the-field stuff he’d be a lot higher personally.

Animal House Eyebrows GIF

2 Likes

It’s a franchise’s job to keep a player from leaving, whether that is through winning, good community within the players/staff, and/or exorbitant amounts of money.

If the Lions were winning and not a dumpster fire of a franchise, Suh wouldn’t have left.

2 Likes

Chase landed in the perfect situation. With a quality QB that he has a report with.

Smith landed in Philly. He has a below average QB throwing to him.

One has Burrow throwing to him and the other has Hurst. Burrow threw for a 1000 more yards than Hurst did.

2 Likes

Thibs is a Turd, he did himself a disservice, or he did this intentionally.

Maybe he’s thinking big market, big brand, big apple.

Alrite B.Holmes, take advantage of this situation and finesse the Giants #2 and #66 for #5 and #7

If hutch falls to #5 you take him there but more likely S Hamilton here and LB Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd at #7

Grab QB Willis with the Rams pick, and best WR left at #33 hopefully Drake London.

1 Like

Some even become a U.S. Senator. Eventually, President.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s the difference between being a young single rich man in Detroit… or South Beach. Sometimes it’s another kind of talent that factors in…

Suh had interests in finance and sought out Warren Buffett to be his mentor.

Buffett is known for driving a 1980’s Oldsmobile for over a decade and living in a modest house despite his immense wealth.

That gives off a different vibe than a guy choosing his school to be in tight with Nike.

1 Like

The dirty truth is there are plenty of guys in the league who don’t “love football”. Especially the grind of it. You hear retired players talk about it all the time. It’s a job, it’s a business. What matters is, are they professional? Do they have a work ethic? You’re being paid an insane amount of money, make sure you earn it or someone will replace you.

2 Likes

So he insulted Alabama academics? Perhaps I back in the Thibs train.

I don’t really know how Alabama pro-football allegiances work, but I assume the majority of the state splits between, Falcons, Jaguars and Saints fans. Maybe he said that because he wants the Jacksonville fan base to sour on him? I mean, putting down Jacksonville State would have been a little too on the nose, eh?

If Klatt had any balls at all he’d have challenged Professor Thibodeaux’s inaccurate English while casting shade at Bama’s academics. KT is not what I’d consider intelligent. Surprised some here are impressed. He’s good at sounding high minded, but so was I when I was graduating from college. Took me a year in a low level job from which I was fired to realize I was just like every other clown out there. My work product wasn’t terrible, but my middling talent combined with a burgeoning superiority complex I hid poorly made me “expendable”.

So I can give him a slight pass in the name of youthful ignorance. Let’s remember though, if he were 5’11”, slow and skinny, he would never make it on Phil Knight’s radar. Someone at Nike might hire him to be a copywriter or to run kids sports camps, or buy coffee for their MBAs. My bullshit meter is pegged listening to the guy.

I think I’d pass even though his physical traits are supremely alluring. At the end of the day, do you think Dan and Brad want to try to convince KT to raise his intensity level on game days, or have to kowtow to a guy who could turn out to be a prima donna in the locker room over the next 5 years?

4 Likes