Thibodeaux or Hamilton through 4 weeks

I thought they could be better but when you consider the purge, the injuries, and the youth i get it. This year hopefully gives the young guys the opportunity to progress abs spells the end of Harris, Williams, and flowers… the purge 2.0 will be way less expensive and if the young guys progress, Holmes hits on his picks, and we overpay the right free agents we can hopefully be respectable next year and move into good in 23 with another decent draft class, really is up to Brad and Dan at this point but I feel that they have the assets to do it.

1 Like

So your asking us which college kid is going to have his dreams crushed getting drafted by the Lions?

5 Likes

I still think we will improve as the year goes on. I’m still excited to watch the young players develop.

I do believe that we have close to a dozen young players that can be pretty damn good NFL players. Maybe it’s 8-12. But I think there is the start of a young core. We handle then next two years right and I think we can have a good team. I still believe in Brad and Dan (though Dan did have a rough day IMO).

2 Likes

Yes, the highly overpaid DE end position that doesn’t sniff the QB … I would be an all pro at that position.

HSVLion

![|25x25](http
“He’d play the same position as Romeo and Flowers. Whatever that is.”

2 Replies

Yeah they already have 2 young first round pick EDGE guys in Allen and Chaisson, so Thibodeaux probably won’t be who they go after. As for us, well I think we need a QB but that’s just me.

From what I have read this appears to be a draft with a huge amount of depth of pass rushers. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went defense with our first three picks and target WR in FA rather than draft.

1 Like

Watching that behind the scenes draft thing it seemed like WR was very much on their mind. We can venture to guess what would have happened if “run to the podium as fast as you can” Sewell hadn’t fallen. But Dan said they had decided on a WR in round 2 but came back a little bit later and had both changed their minds. Then you saw Sheila with the “why no receiver” scene where Brad had to calm her down and explain why they went another direction earlier in the draft, but they’d be getting one later.

Brad and Dan definitely didn’t leave this offseason thinking “oh man this receiving core is the shit. I couldn’t imagine it getting any better.”

1 Like

So is anybody on the Derek Stingley train by the way?

Number one thing to talk about in Lion land after 4 games. The draft lol

4 Likes

IR?

6 Likes

I am legitimately concerned with his ability to stay on the field though. Got hurt his freshman year, got hurt this year. Ejected last week.

Agree HSV, I think I’d rather take the Safety. Too high to pick an oft injured, although very talented, guy.

Now this begs the question…

Given that he’s a safety, where is your acceptable range in the draft to take Hamilton.

Also - what is available along the lines of a trade back, if only QBs are worthy of the pick? Tons of variables.
Who is worthy of being picked that high?
Are they even interested in a QB?
Are tracebacks available if not?
Is there any chance of a Donald situation (Rams DT, not former POTUS)?
Does Vatai come back? If not, is his replacement the new top priority?

Tons to ponder.

This also isn’t a great QB class, and I don’t think there’s a ton of demand either, although that always changes.

1 Like

I like Kyle Hamilton an sign FA Marcus Williams he is playing on a Tag this season.
Add those two to S position your set for years. I would keep Tracy Walker he is young also an would be solid #3 S. Harris is signed just little over base pay makes ok #4 an MJ Moore he is RFA so he could come back. Thats 5 good safties with top 2 vey solid one a rookie an $3 is good also.
We will have some injuried CB coming back to join young ones learning under fire tis season.

We can add another CB also in draft I think we need to improve are LB on inside are DL is young for most part.

I agree on Hamilton he’s my guy at the top.
But to say Harris is a ok #4 can’t agree with that, every moment Harris is on the field he is liability.

The best time of year is here already!
And since the rebuild will take at least three years, let’s write off 2022 and talk about 2023 draft picks too.

There was a time where we never stopped talking about the next draft. From day 1 we started mapping out the college games and prospects to watch and tracking right after the previous draft was over. For this board that changed sometime during the Schwartz era, I’m thinking the 2011 season.

I seen a tweet from some guy who said “it’s good to see Matthew Stafford playing meaningful games in October”.

Funny, true and sad all at once.
:smiley::thinking::sob:

5 Likes