Thibodeaux VS Hutch

With a strong finish to the season and good showing at the combine and workouts, is Kyvon that far ahead of Hutch as a potential 1oa?

I don’t see as Kyvon vs. Hutch.

I see it as Kyvon vs Hutch + at least 1 other player you get for trading down

The more I watch this team I’m thinking that the idea of Kyvon vs Hamilton & Gardner is a great discussion. Adding those 2 pieces to our secondary would be killer. Then throw in a pass rusher and a LB.

Round 1 Pick 4 (NYJ): Kyle Hamilton, FS/SS, Notre Dame (A)
Round 1 Pick 11 (NYJ): Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (B+)
Round 1 Pick 28: Adam Anderson, DE/OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: DeMarvion Overshown, OLB/ILB, Texas (B+)

2 Likes

Might be hard to trade down. I’m all about an impact pass rusher if we can get one. But man we do need more talent everywhere. Can’t wait for the combine and all the draft hoopla!

1 Like

KT reminds me of Ansah. Athletic guy who disappears for 3/4 of the game and feasts on inferior competition to inflate his stats.

1 Like

I’m going hutch.

Just want to clarify I’m not a Michigan fan

It’s mostly QBs that drive the trade downs in the first round and I don’t think any teams will be lathering for a QB at 1OA. So while we could TD, we won’t get crazy value. So I say…

1 Like

I’d pump the brakes on Adam Anderson. He’s been arrested and charged with rape. He has been suspended from Georgia’s football team. He is of course denying it happened.

2 Likes

I’m in both camps, we need talent ALMOST everywhere. Getting more draft capital with a potential trade down sounds like a great way to fill those holes in the least amount of time. However, and I’m not sure this is the case with either player, but what if they turn out to be an impact player like JJ Watt or Donald?

1 Like

I have an odd feeling that Thibodeax is today’s version of Clowney. So, this is my annual trade-down post for November.

3 Likes

That’s why I’d take Hutchinson. It’s hard to go wrong taking a player who’s motor never stops.

2 Likes

What are the odds Hamilton makes it until 11?

Only 9 Safeties have gone Top 11 in the last 31 years?.

Sean Taylor 92 and Jamaal Adam’s 2017 have been worth it. One other guy made 2 pro bowls
The other one in the last 15 years, Karl Joseph has been fine, but if there was a redraft, he wouldn’t be ranked that high.

2 times in 15 years has a S gone in that range.

Hamilton has a very good shot at being there at 11. Teams will default to positional value and we’ll see edge rushers and OT move up the board late, probably 2 QBs too.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen him disappear at all. When he’s not putting up stats the opposing team is putting two blockers and game planning around him. His presence alone changes the entire offense

2 Likes

I watch the tape and something about Hutchinson seems off a bit in his motion. I’m not sure what, exactly–he just doesn’t move as fluidly as Thibodaux seems to.

He was my favorite pass rusher in the draft but I’m off him now, at least in the first.

Welcome brother!!

Great brave movie as well!

“… With its standout edge rusher on the field, Oregon’s team pressure rate spikes by more than 7 percentage points, opponent adjusted completion percentage falls from 68.0 percent to 63.9 percent, and opposing raw quarterback rating by 15.6 points…”

1 Like

I don’t see the Ansah comparison at all. Ansah was a one dimensional edge rusher while Thibodeaux shuffles all around the line, drops back at times and plays well against the run. He’s a lot more versatile.

What might look like Thibodeaux disappearing is, in reality, the opposition doing everything they can to avoid his side of the field. You’ll see that he’s out of the play at times because the play is on the other side of the field. He frees up other players to make plays by his presence alone. They won’t be able to do that in the NFL because there’s too much talent on NFL rosters so he’ll get more opportunities to make plays in the pros.

Also of note that Hutchinson doesn’t draw all the attention Thibs does because they have NFL pass rushers on the other side so he has more opportunities to make plays.

Long story short, Thibodeaux is the premier talent in this draft. I wouldn’t be opposed to a trade down but trade ups are usually reserved for QBs so I don’t see that being an option here especially with so many high level pass rushers to choose from at the top.

Bingo. You pretty much said what I just posted in many fewer words.

1 Like

Anybody that says they want Hutchinson over KT is a UM homer.

I love Hutchinson, but Thibodeaux is who I would take. His versatility and athleticism are off the charts.