Thibodeaux VS Hutch

Don’t worry we are going to win a game or two and fuck up our chances at KT. Ill also add theres is a whole lot of film work, combine, and Pro Days to go through before we really know whats going on. KT looks to be the top guy right now but ive read some people see him as being overrated. Would still just prefer to have the 1st pick and take who we want.

I get really nervous when you have to start making excuses for a lack of production, especially at 1OA. I like the opposite with guys like Aaron Donald. Where he has tremendous production and they have to start making excuses for why he’s really not that great, well he doesn’t have that last 10 lbs, his arms are kind of short, the sun was in the o-lineman’s eyes…

4 Likes

Draft picks in general should make people nervous. It’s always a bit of a crap shoot. Especially at number one overall.

I wanted us to draft Donald, and assuming we pick first I’d like to see us draft Thibodeaux. Barring a sweet trade down or course

I don’t like anyone at that pick. I really hope we get offered a trade down and take it. And before anyone says that can’t happen, they said there was no way we could trade up for Chase Young. Neither of those guys play QB the last time I checked. I don’t blame them though, being a Lions fan for a long time will do that to you.

1 Like

Let’s see Young and Okudah out this year with ACL and Burrow was out last year with an ACL. That’s the top 3 picks in last years draft. There’s alot of luck involved in drafts, that’s why I like 2 first from the Rams over Carolinas offer.

2 Likes

Might be a moot point anyway. We will probably end up 2-14-1 And the tie bumping us to the second overall pick

Do the Texans take Thibodeaux or fall in love with Pickett or Corrall

Texans desperately need a new QB.

One could argue they needed one when they drafted Mario Williams. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Interesting look at how opponents plan for Thibs…

4 Likes

I’m sure he’s not the athlete kt is but the kid lives the game. And he’s going to come at you every second of every snap of every game. He never lets up. That’s the kind of guy I want a team full of.

1 Like

here’s what I say. Draft KT. Then trade up and draft Hutch Problem Sol-ved

I’d rather take one and then draft Dax hill. Give me a safety with elite speed that can also play corner.

2 Likes

word. I was also just being cheeky. I don’t want to see us trading up. As fun as it would be to have both those guys on the line

If Hutch can run anything close to the 6.54 second 3-cone and 4.07 second Short Shuttle they say he has done… that is some freaky athleticism for a guy that tall.

For comparison… Von Miller had a 6.70 and DeMarcus Ware was 6.83 in the 3-cone… considered the most important physical test for esge rushers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2760924-what-is-the-most-important-combine-event-for-each-nfl-position.amp.html

1 Like

I’m warming up to Aidan at 1OA. I see nothing wrong with it.

Plus we will get more looks at his mom. Just keep her away from Goff.

If he hits those numbers hopefully someone will trade up for him. It figures when we need a quarterback most we get the 1 pick the year there’s no clear great option.

I’m guessing his numbers were a tad home cooked, but still, if he’s at all close to that plus what he’s shown on the field, he’s gotta be in the conversation for 1OA.

What about Utah’s plan, run the ball right at him and take him out of the game.

I’ll take him. He’s not a finished product, but I would take a guy that the other team schemes around and who lives on the opponents side of the line of scrimmage.

But what if the conversation is Hutch PLUS another impact starter? I don’t know as the prevalent debate is Hutch is better than KT, it’s that Hutch PLUS another impact starter > KT only and that is totally fair UM homer or not. Hutch is ranked where he is for a reason which (at this point) is the consensus #2 EDGE in this class and top 10OA prospect. Not everyone is a UM homer that is putting him there.

2 Likes