Thibs Watch - Oregon vs Utah Game

KT = Avril
Hutch = Watt

5 Likes

Avril was a much more physical player than KT is. He plays really soft from the little I’ve watched. I could be wrong. What the hell do I know. Either this left tackle for Utah is all world or this kid is overrated. He screams clowney to me the more I watch him.

2 Likes

The Clowney reference resonates with me, but I want to be sure we receive it the same way. To me when Clowney’s name comes up…I see a super talented player who peaked early, coasted a bit, then was never able to turn it back on completely after coasting. Just spurts and sputters. The definition of “I play when I wanna play.” Leonard Fournette fits this mold. Unless I see something different to change my mind, I’m starting to think Derek Stingley might fit this mold.

2 Likes

Is it that KT doesn’t wanna risk injury?

His play on the field is nothing like when he is at his best…

He also has an injury or just got over it…?

I agree, though. I expected him to show up more tonight.

I’ve seen him run through a LT with a bull rush…and I’ve also seen him shy from contact.

Sewell also said he gave him a run for his money…or something similar…

Maybe he doesnt wanna get hurt?

Certainly not seeing this tonight… props to former UM player Craig Roh for all these cutups.

Yep, that’s the kinda guy I want. Maybe this whole season has just been a “business decision”.
Never really bought the hype, but I was only basing on this year. Won’t see him again until combine.

1 Like

He’s definitely great at being invisible for large portions of games.

2 Likes

You’re playing for the pac-12 championship! If you’re playing to protect yourself then just sit out. If you’re not then I question your ability to deliver when it matters. If you’re not going to deliver when the lights are brightest against the best teams in college you’re not likely to do it in the nfl. Where the worst offensive tackle in the league is on par with the better tackles you faced in college.

My dad used to tell me when you get to college thinking you’re hot shit because you were an all American in high school you realize very quickly everyone was an all American in high school.

3 Likes

He’ll test out of the gym at the combine and become the next clowney. More hype than production.

2 Likes

KT screams “no thanks on the fifth year option. You’re only still here because you were the first overall pick”.

3 Likes

Sewell forced that fumble as well, to go with his pick

I very very much want to see Utah vs Ohio state! I don’t think the buckeyes can handle the physicality of the utes. I want the big ten to do well but the more I watch Ohio state lose the happier I am.

3 Likes

KT wants to change a lot of peoples lives. If he was to blow his Achilles out or tear something…that chance dwindles. He puts a lot of pressure on himself.

Here is a good read on KT and what he wants to accomplish…also included is interviews with those closest to him.

For all he wants to accomplish…he will need to be great and get that massive $$$.

But maybe he just cashes checks and try’s to stay healtjy?

I’m sure Holmes has already done his digging

So why doesn’t every top preseason prospect sit out the year because of injury concerns?

A lot sit out bowl games

Why do they do that?

Most important game and they sit out?

I dont have an answer for that

What happens to the NIL $$ in that scenario?

Ask Quinn Ewers.

2 Likes

The reason they sit out bowl games is because they really don’t mean anything. That’s the point. That’s why Leonard Fournette became the first player to opt out of his bowl game in 2016.

Coincidence?

That 40 yard run, Thibs missed the tackle, should have been a 1 yard gain. This game is over.

Maybe he wants to ensure he doesn’t go top 10 picks and to a lousy team. He’s hoping he gets drafted later in the 1st round by someone like the Rams that will have the ~28th pick…
Oh wait the Lions own that pick YAHTZEE!!

1 Like

So why don’t they sit out after they’re eliminated from the CFP?