Yep, this place turns into a looney bin after every loss

Tough road game
Lions beat the spread
I was surprised he didn’t go for that last 4th but shot happens
Lions came very close to a great win today

Too bad our top players got nicked up

Next week we go 2-2!!!

6 Likes

Has anyone wanted DC fired? You can be critical of someone without wanting them fired.

I love DC, but what he is doing is a really big problem. If you can’t see that, that is also a problem.

4 Likes

Uhh probably because this is completely false. His failure on 4th down with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd put the Vikings back in the game.

1 Like

Exactly. I am a fan of Dan. He’s clearly a motivator and leader and the team responds to him. The culture he is building is good. I don’t want him to be fired. I just want him to stop being such a bonehead when it comes to simple game management decisions because if he keeps doing stuff like this and keeps giving away games, he WILL get fired.

There is no other person to point the finger at for this loss other than DC. He deserves to get roasted. Defending him just makes you the standard lions fan. Keep drinking the cool-aid regardless of what happens on Sundays.

I love the guy too. He’s hard not to really like. But he better learn quick because I’m not going to back what happened today forever.

2 Likes

Some 4th down attempts make sense. And some don’t. He made two really bad, game altering decisions on 4th down. 6 4th down attempts in a game in which you never trailed?? That’s just reckless plain and simple. And it’s not like they were deep in opponents territory.

1 Like

Doesn’t he also deserve credit for the earlier decisions that resulted in 17 points for the offense? Nobody is disputing the bad decisions made in the 4th. He has got to be better. You can’t knock him for terrible decisions and not get him credit for the ones that succeeded.

3 Likes

Explain the decision to go for it at the end of the 2nd half…that decision changed the game too.

6 4th down attempts in a game you never trailed. Please don’t tell me you think that’s a good idea. Don’t be result oriented. You are setting yourself for failure doing stuff like that. Now if you are playing the Bills and know you have to score 40 to win, fine.

It’s reckless coaching bro. He deserves criticism because his decisions directly cost us the game.

2 Likes

Siebert? He makes that first kick and we’re quite likely to wonnthat game.

Aaron Glenn?

I would imagine the analytics favored that decision in the first half. Personally I don’t think that necessarily exonerates him for the decision but these things aren’t as cut and dry as aome make them out to be.

1 Like

I really think Dan wants to keep our offense on the field to protect our defense. It almost worked lol. Just don’t know why he went for a 54 yd FG.

2 Likes

I’m unusually ok with the loss. It was a fun game and things didn’t go our way. The Vikings are one of those teams who can either be a total shit show or really good and with time Cousins is as good as they come

Our problems weren’t just some bad coaching decisions. Though I had an issue with:

Not running it on 4th and 2 early when our Oline was winning the battle (and the RB fake easily makes the corner)

Not kicking the FG earlier in the 4th when it was a short FG. Then trying the 50 plus FG later

I also have an issue with us not bringing a house blitz at Cousins on that last drive. Pressure was the only thing stoping that defense.

Mostly though, I’m worried Walker is done for the season. Our DB group is thin already and he was a team leader.

Also worried about all the nagging injuries to our playmakers. Paschal and Williams can’t join the team fast enough

Congrats to the Vikings and their fans. They pulled out an exciting win

4 Likes

Huh?

DC didn’t miss any FGs… didn’t miss any coverage assignments, didn’t miss any tackles, didn’t run any routes ahort of the sticks, and didn’t whiff on any blocks today.

DC also didn’t call the plays on either side of the ball…. and I think the 3rd down play calling was marginal at best.

DC made a mistake on that play… but there were about 140 plays in the game and he certainly didn’t make the only mistake.

And that isn’t even mentioning the refs… who flagged the Lions repeatedly for illegal contact and PI…. but then let Pat Peterson mug WRs at least 2 times on key plays shortly after AO was called.

Finally… even if he had gone for it on 4th down….

the Lions weren’t guaranteed to actually get a 1st down!!!

Angry Office Space GIF

3 Likes

All pretty accurate….

The fact that ASB, Swift, and at one point Reynolds were all pretty hobbled likely had some impact on 4th quarter play calling and execution.

That said we haven’t won a game I expected to lose, or lost a game I expected to win.

We better beat Seattle….

Jackson, Big V, Jamo have been out 2-3 games each

Rag out 1 game

ASB and Swift hobbled.

Did anyone watch Herbert TRY to play today… clearly hurt?

Did anyone watch Brady try to move the offense without a LT or any WRs? Brutal

1 Like

I’m resigned to it. I’m near certain he tore his Achilles.

Well it’s time to hope that Joseph is John Johnson…

1 Like

I hated Ben’s play call but this clearly is a penalty IMO.

https://twitter.com/p2/status/1574181470456885248?s=46&t=_9Yr5GnIi3hsas5mr5VbjQ

1 Like

to give that some visual clarification…
PP had a grab of his shoulder for at least 5 yards!

5 Likes

Yeah. I didn’t realize how obvious it was in real time. Huge no call especially considering the treatment they received.

2 Likes

I don’t want him fired. Quite the opposite.
I want him to stop second guessing himself and if he’s got to take heat, take it for want he wanted to do, not, what he thought we wanted him to do.
Who knows if they could have gotten the first down, but, every man, woman, and child watching, knew our kicker couldn’t hit a field goal from there.
So did he!

1 Like