This game will tell you if Lions are for real

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) tweeted at 0:39 AM on Sun, Sep 22, 2019:
Eagles’ WR Alshon Jeffery, listed as questionable for Sunday due to a calf injury, is unlikely to play vs. the Lions, per source.

Eagles TE Dallas Goedert, also nursing a calf injury, looked surprisingly better at Saturday’s practice and is now considered a pregame decision.
(https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1175645874367713280?s=03)

2 Likes

And the point of this post was…?

1 Like

This is of course, true.
But …
Winning this game would say there’s more to this team than SOL
Certainly it would give a measure of hope to a long suffering fanbase
Not sure losing would confirm the worst fears or biases though
Either way, like every game, it’s just one game
There is no final evaluation to be made after game 3 — regardless of the result

ZILCH!:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

JMO, of course, but I think there’s already more to this team than SOL. The coaching is better, the GM is better, the owner is better, and the players are better. And the old days of allowing poor performance to go unnoticed or disregarded are gone, do your job or you’re gone. It’s a totally different attitude and atmosphere now, IMHO.

1 Like

I agree on everything except coaching. I believe that Martha wants to win and expects to. There is more pressure now to win than ever before and you could even feel it at the home opener. Expectations are different.

Stafford has seen a lot of game & scheme changes, he’s had different QB coaches, he’s played and adapted to these multi-schemes , and under different HC’s, OC’s and GM’s.

5 years is quite a long while to be part and I see NO damn way Gym Shortz is going to ‘know’ everything Stafford is going to do OR is thinking each and every play.

I WILL agree that Schwartz might see certain times during the game when Stafford does something familiar to Schwartz when Matt & Schwartz were together…but outside those moments , I don’t fear that Schwartz knows exactly what Stafford is going to do 70% of the game or some s#!7.

Goofiness. No insult intended.