This is NOT the same

I would say Vatai, Amon Ra in slot, Amani, and probably Brockers are the only players out there today that would realistic start for at least a 3rd of the NFL. Yet somehow we just beat the team with the best record in the nfl.

1 Like

This was a solid win from the start itself

1 Like

We start going to the playoffs regularly, especially a SB, I’m getting a Dan Campbell Lions Jersey

Now maybe, but neither Vatai nor Brockers were starting for the teams that let them go, and Vatai was brought in to play RT and was so good at it that he’s now a RG. St. Brown is a rookie and the 17th WR drafted in his class, so at least half the league passed on him for their team. Oruwariye, I agree with you on. I thought even the Lions have underrated him. Still, you get my point.

1 Like

Edge rushers go outside the top 10 fairly often.
In 2017, there were 6 edge guys drafted round #1… and TJ Watt was the 6th guy at #30.

In 2019 when we drafted Hock #8, the #12 pick was Rashan Gary and #16 was Brian Burns.

If we missed out on Hutch or KT… I wouldn’t mind Ojabo a little later. I think he might rise up the board as the measurables are known and people start talking how he has only played 4 years of ball. He showed rapid improvement… and could keep getting better.

1 Like

Can’t take anything away from the big guy today. Amazing.

1 Like

I guess I’ll just leave this here.
From CBS Sports
A one win team has beaten a 10 win team only three times.

2011: (1-13) Colts over (10-4) Texans 19-16
2020: (1-13) Jets over (10-4) Browns 23-16
2021: (1-11-1) Lions over (10-3) Cardinals 30-12
Take it for what it’s worth, but no wonder we haven’t seen it before.

4 Likes

When we drafted Ansah, ppl were saying “inexperienced, project, etc”.
I was like…" this dude has never played football and he’s already sniffing out screen passes, keeping contain, taking great angles, etc.

that’s a GOOD thing!

2 Likes

The reason I loved ansah was his explosion and length…

The Office Superstore GIF by NBC

Nice!

He was real nice before the injuries and later finding out he was actually 35 when we drafted him. :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly. He was real nice when he formed an integral part of the #2 ranked Defense in the NFL. Say what you want- dude was effective, and a very nice pick. Guarantee, if they had it to do over, they take him 10 times out of 10.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys, b*tches!

Speaks volumes about the coaching staff putting players who want to prove themselves into the position to do just that.

2 Likes

Yeah. That seems to be a real thing here.
We have seen a team out-perform their talent-level more this season than in the past decade combined.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, old Carlos Monarrez “borrowed” that one from me six days after I posted it in The Den:

5 Likes

This was “that” identity game we needed, a statement game of what we can become and be a winner….

This is that game that’s given the team HOPE! They finally got a full 60 minutes put together and it worked as planned…

1 Like