This is the worst draft of all time F grade

You really shouldn’t talk about virtue…you are lacking.

In a weak DT class, this makes no sense.

Not true. It is just simply not true. Availability is part of the equation.

Except other teams in the first wanted him…

I did say he doesn’t value LB’s in the first…it as me who started that…I will eat crow…but you go on what you are told. If Kelvin Shepard talks about finding value later in the draft, if Brad is on record as saying preferring to find value later for LB’s then you go with the knowledge you have been given.

No one is fuming, why are you mocking people? It’s not a good look for a catholic boy to be mocking people. People tried to tell everyone that the lions valued the offensive pieces…and were thinking offense early. The defense BEFORE the draft they felt was a top 10 unit…so why are you shocked?

He can play corner and safety. His best position is CGJG. So if he prices himself out of detroit after his 1 year deal…boom…here we go…Dude can ball. PLAIN AND SIMPLE…don’t overthink this.

He is 25, He could be on the field during his 26 year of life if Goff doesn’t work out for whatever reason. This was a solid pick, need leverage and we need a solid backup.

Let the man known for cooking in the middle rounds cook.

Murphey was the same player as a senior as he was when he walked into Clemson as a freshman, his ceiling is low. Van Ness is a physical freak and a beast who needs a lot of work with hand usage…and the lions LOVE THEIR DL. Nolan Smith is all style and a gamble due to results. Kancey is a MA machine and horrible against the run, HAND TO GOD, that is exactly what the Lions scouting dept has said. Breesee, same thing as with Kancey…horrible against the run. He was never an option…EVER…mazi’s motor runs at 50%.

for your penance say the beatitudes and now say an act of contrition.

1 Like

you know me brother…
Come The Rock GIF by WWE

Vince Mcmahon Laughing GIF by WWE

1 Like

Hulk Hogan Sport GIF by WWE

1 Like

The only thing I could think when reading this was to wonder, do Catholic ninjas throw crosses at their enemies instead of stars?

3 Likes

Also, if you’re chatting with a potential partner on christianmingle.com and they abruptly stop messaging you…

does that mean you’ve been holy ghosted?

5 Likes

I remember when a large group of people wanted Aaron Curry over Stafford because we could get a better QB in the next draft when Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow were coming out. :grin:

3 Likes

@CatholicNinja makes some good points and some funny points. I’ve also noticed NotWally37 isn’t around much. Think about it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Holy water

3 Likes

I was not prepared to read this…(had to clean kernel corn and mashed potatoes off my keyboard to type this sticky message)

Well done @TNutZz! You got me!

This is the worst post of all time F grade

4 Likes

I refused to read the entire thread given the title, and context of the first few sentences…. That said- I’m one of the bigger “Goff-Lings” and “Holmes-DC Kool Aid Kids” on this forum…… and I don’t love the last 30 days.

There is no reason NOT to sit back and relax awaiting a division win on the surface, but the last 30 days have been alarming to some extent…

Remember when the solution was getting rid of Van Noy, Diggs, Slay, GG, and Tate? All we needed was Jamie Collins, Big V, Trufant, D Harmon, and Ammendola and we’d be set!!!

Let’s face it…. Not many were pumped about the Hock trade… go back and look! It seemed to work… fine!!! Not many were pumped to see Swaggy go, and only get 4M per, but we adapted and celebrated Monty??? Sure!!! So we sign Sutton and a recovering Moseley to replace Hughes and AO… perfect!!!

Wait we traded Okudah for a 5th? Ok- deep CB class… extra pick!!!

We prayed Jalen would fall and he did!!! Trade down and draft a “non-Bijan” RB…. Move up a lot in 2, but we don’t even NET a pick…. The moment the pick is made, Swift wants out and we have zero trade leverage…. Okay we we get a late pick in 3 years….? For a guy who was often hurt, but still got 1000 yards and 8 tds a year?

Anyone else think Goff and his girl may have been turned off by the Hooker pick and media slant that this is his last year?

We had 8 picks in this draft with 2 first before Hock trade…

Hock
Swift
Okudah
#6 - C Gonzalez
#18- J Campbell
#48- D Washington
#81- D Achane
4th- Charlie Jones
5th- Jordan McFadden
6th- K Coburn
7th Kicker

Vs

Gibbs
Campbell
Laporta
Branch
Hooker
Martin
Whatever OT
A Green

3 Likes

2 Likes

Bro, reading comprehension needs to improve. Seriously.

No call for that

Me? I’m assuming you meant top 5 “whining crybaby “ OPs ever

Can’t disagree if true :joy:

2 Likes

YARN | And here's my apology. | Black Sheep (1996) | Video clips by quotes | cdddd1f1 | 紗

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to respond to those who wear their religion on the sleeve of their cloak and it may never make it inside.

2 Likes

I am not your bro. So don’t bro me, you are literally mocking me. not bro me.

I asked for clarification. I didn’t scroll back up to figure out what you are saying. Don’t be a dick. It’s really easy…don’t be a dick.

2 Likes

It means “GOD’S WILL” was that we stop talking…its the christian version of “it’s not you it’s me” with the ultimate hammer of God weighed in as well… :joy:

2 Likes

I like this draft. Admittedly, I spend a lot less time researching potential draft picks than most here, and I’m not concerned much with where a guy was drafted–but it seems like the team got a lot better.

Gibbs - Looks like a threat to score anytime he touches the ball, and we need that. Can run the ball, but they can line him up anywhere and give defenses fits. He’s also hedging the bet Brad made on Jameson.
Campbell - Don’t know a lot about him, but he’s in great company as a Butkus winner. Our LB unit was arguably the worst on the team last year, so it’s hard to imagine this isn’t a significant upgrade.
LaPorta - Also don’t know him, but if can match Hock’s production at a cheaper price, then it’s a win. Not exactly a high bar to reach either. It’s a free pick with the trade down anyways so wtf do I care.
Branch - 1st round talent in the 2nd. Steal. We’re good at the position currently but our new guys are on short deals I think, and it often takes a DB a season or two to get up to speed. Long term plan.
Hooker - Needed a better backup/potential future starter because we’re screwed if Goff goes down. Most say he’s an accurate passer, big arm, threat to run–basically where the league is at these days. A little old but he’s a QB not a RB, and as a 3rd rounder it doesn’t really set the franchise back if he doesn’t work.
Martin - Again, don’t know him. Maybe my memory is failing, but it seemed like we didn’t have a big issue getting to the QB with Hutch and Houston last year. We did have an issue being gashed up the middle on runs. I can see why having run-stuffing mass was a greater need than a rushing DT, currently.

4 Likes

Hypocrisy at it’s finest…I dislike it a lot when people pound their chest and tell everyone to be a certain way.

2 Likes