We sure wouldn’t want to take the defense away from Dan and his bestest buddies. Not with success like this. Hell, even the year we say they were good, looks kind of like a fluke, 20th in yardage.
I know people want to focus on the back 7. But ya know “were good”
Detroit starting front 4. 4th highest snap percentage at 71.2% (NFL average is 64.4%) (top 10 defenses are closer to 61% excluding Minnesota)
Aiden Hutch 2nd highest snap% (highest snap total) at 89.2% (average is 75.5%) (only behind Abdul Carter)
McNeil 5th highest % (highest% for DTs, 2nd highest count OA only behind Hutch) at 84.9% (average is 67%)
These guys are disappearing in the 4th for a reason. They have no help.
85% for a big DT seems like asking a lot.
YA THINK!!! I was screaming all summer that they need another DT. Hoping Wingo would step up. Nope. Maybe SGH will develop. But yea when Mac is the only one inside getting pressure. The team is asking him to carry the load.
65 snaps per game IS INSANE for a DT! No wonder they cant close out games
Tenn J Simmons is right behind him in Snap%. Every other probowl level DT is 70% or less
I know stats can be misleading but holy ■■■■ hire a legit defensive coordinator before Goff is over the hill. The time is now when the offense and special teams are good.
You mean what super bowl teams do?
25 Seattle, Sure Durde is an in house first time DC. But McDonald was one of the best DCs in football. So them together make a great defense.
25 Patriots Vrabel and Williams have a ton of Defense coaching experience
2024 Eagles Fangio. One of the most decorated DCs all time
2024 Chiefs: Spags: one of the most successful DCs all time
2023 49ers Wilks has been an NFL defensive coach for 30 years.
2021 Rams: Morris, has been a Dc/Hc/AHC for 30 years
Lions: Coach for 1 team and 5 years…. First time DC. Not even High School experience.
I finally agree with something you’ve posted
The one that gets me the most is Fangio because he was available when we could have made a switch.
I think Demeco Ryans is out if they fall off a cliff.
I know him and Dan get along
Might as well dream big before we hire his cousin Louie.
I have a friend who is a Texans fan and he mentioned that he thinks Ryan has lost the locker room. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Some folks around here think the same of Dan.

I really hope he has not lost the locker room. I don’t believe it yet.
Three words…
ENNIS RAKESTRAW JR!!!
He’s our guy!

