This trade proposal sends Detroits 1st round pick to Chicago

The word on the street in Pittsburgh is the Steelers are dreaming of acquiring Justin Fields from the Bears. Rumor has it that the Bears are asking for a 1st round pick for Fields, a pick the Steelers are loathe to give up.

Enter the Lions.

In this proposal, the Lions trade picks with the Steelers, with Detroit sending the Steelers their 1st and 5th round picks in exchange for the Steelers 2nd, 3rd, and two 4th round selections. The Lions 1st round pick is sent to Chicago and the Steelers get Justin Fields. Results for the 3 teams are as thus.

Bears
29 from Lions via Steelers

Steelers
Justin Fields
163 from Lions

Lions
51 from Steelers
84 from Steelers
120 from Steelers
121 from Steelers

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Why can’t the Steelers just trade their own pick? I guess because they don’t want to?

Well you’re not taking our pick for that.

2 Likes

Also as the biggest Justin Fields fan ever…I’d he kind of surprised if someone traded a 1st for him.

4 Likes

Joey Porter Jr. and one of Pitt’s 4th rounders

4 Likes

All it takes is one sucker to fall in lust. Apparently, the possibility exists that the Steelers are that sucker.

I’m not in love with it, I don’t like the idea of handing the Bears three 1st round picks, but given how they have drafted, I can chalk it up to setting another can of gas next to the guy playing with a blowtorch.

Having seven mid range selections sounds pretty appealing from a depth and cap standpoint depending upon how free agency and extensions shake out. It’s purely speculation and depending on a myriad of permutations and factors, but I can see it as not the worst deal in the world.

It puts a rookie in Chicago, and gives us 3 additional draft picks in the first 4 rounds.
I make that trade all day.

4 Likes

Thats kinda how I see it. If we arent the ones trading with the Steelers, it will be someone else if that is what the Bears and Steelers want to accomplish. Just depends if the return is valuable enough for us.

1 Like

I would rather trade #29 for Fields straight up than make that trade.

More ideally… Steelers send #51 to Lions + #84… and a 2025 pick in first round… for the Lions #29 pick + #92.

1 Like

And I’d like to bang Christen Harper. :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

The Lions pick up two additional draft picks total. We give up a 1st and a 5th to pick up a 2nd, a 3rd rd and 2 4ths.

The Lions would then have 2 2nds, 3 3rds and 2 4ths versus a 1st, a 2nd, 2 3rds and their 5th.

We go from 29 OA to #51 overall?

We already have 2 3rd picks.

I am on the fence about this. That right there says this ain’t enough. If we keep our 5th I am seriously considering this deal but I want that 5th here still.

1 Like

Slow Motion Coffee GIF by Curiosity Stream

2 Likes

We have no fourth round pick
The Lions would then have 2 2nds, 2 3rds and 3 4ths versus a 1st, a 2nd, 2 3rds and 1 4th as well as their 5th?

1 Like

I’d do the proposed deal if you swapped out the 2nd rounder for a 2025 first.

It appears to me that 2025 is loaded at CB and DT.

Remind me again where it went?

Nevermind… Hock trade. I remember now.

1 Like

I think I’d do it personally. With that many picks it would probably be easier for Brad to trade back up into the 29 range and have more overall picks anyway.

1 Like

We switched in the trade we get there third they get are fourth So i guess you could say we do lol but just early.

2 Likes

I like My idea trade are 1 for Pats 2 an there fourth. I heard Holmes say he hope he would have a rd1 pick by draft night since it is in Detroit But possible if he gets a blown away offer to leave rd 1

1 Like

Not sure who he is, but good luck with that, yeah :wink:

Without even taking a peek at a trade value chart, I’d take that too, knowing Brad would be picking.

2 Likes

It gives us the firepower to trade back up into the high second round and still come out at least one, but, probably two picks ahead.
Plus, it makes Justin Fields somebody elses problem.

1 Like