This trade proposal sends Detroits 1st round pick to Chicago

Rod Woodson was on the Rich Eisen show and addressed this rumor. He doesn’t think Fields to the Steelers is going to happen, he thinks the Steelers will have more interest in signing someone like Kirk Cousins.
I’m guessing Woodson has some insight

2 Likes

I see some of this coming.

1 Like

Hey! You must get my ex-wife’s podcast!

1 Like

I said this couple years ago…
I can see Brad :fire: drafting so well that he has too many good guys to make the roster… We can’t afford them all, so we package them along with late pics to move up the draft board and get extra first rounders in the future

Packaging players in Picks, Instead of just losing guys for nothing

1 Like

Lions would only get a late 3rd and 2 late 4ths…
to push a 1st round pick back a year.

Nah… that’s not enough.

1 Like

Next year’s draft should have considerably better top end defensive talent. It’s worth it IMO. Especially if we think Brad and team are good enough to go 2/3 out of the two 3rds and a 4th. And I mean eventually not off the bat.

As an example I would take him at 29 this year if that were possible.

If B Holmes went out and hit a jackpot in UFA…
before the draft…

I could totally be on board with pushing draft assets into future years!!!

I guess we need to know how they approach UFA before we really know how to think about draft trade ideas.

So you’re bummed if we end night 1 without a player but Brad has two 1sts next year and 5 picks on Day 2?

If you “swap out” the proposed 2nd rounder (#51)….

the Lions end up with 4 of those day 2 picks….

and they start at the END of the 2nd round….
and only 1 of them (#84) is gained from trading away a 1st round pick

I don’t love that….

Right it was two 4ths. I’m still down if I get that '25 1st back. With Brad and his team still on a heater give me those picks!

1 Like

I was gonna say we don’t need all those damn picks. But now that I think about it I’m sure Holmes would love to restock via the draft or use the extra picks to maneuver around

2 Likes

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

if this were a strong draft, i’d do it. Not this year though. Seems to be a dilution of talent after pick 20 or so.

1 Like

Now see, I’m going to offer a little pushback on that perception, just a little, and I’m going to explain.

I think this draft is shallow on ready-to-start finished products, not talent. Athletic testing in the weeks to come will bear out whether my hypothesis is correct or not, but I do think the baseline for talent is there, just not refined. You have receivers that don’t run the sharpest routes, linemen on both sides that aren’t using their hands to best effect, in short things that are correctable with commitment to improve and good coaching. That’s where it becomes imperative to select people with high football character, something Brad and Dan have put an emphasis on from Day 1.

I don’t think this draft is short on talent though, but we will see soon enough.

Seems to me the Lions should aim to add a few elite prospects, rather than a whole bunch of new kids to find room for. The Lions roster needs finishing touches more than a boatload of picks. But then I’m not the draftnik some of you cats are. If they want to swap out more guys than I do for prospects, I guess trading down makes sense.

At this moment, I think just finding a DE, CB and OG/C and possibly DT that can step in and start would be preferable, anything else being gravy. So I’d be more inclined to trade up, not down. Find me those four guys and call it a draft.

1 Like

I’d rather have a high pick in 2025 than the mid-round picks.

1 Like

It’s one thing to trade back. But going from 29 to the 50s is too big of a jump. That alone, would make me reject.

1 Like

Lions trade 29 + 91 for pick # 22

Lions trade pick 61 + 5th and 6th for pick # 54

Lions trade pick 73 double trade down to #89 get back 4th & 5th

So basically we use Hock pick to get us to move up in rounds 1 & 2 to get 2 more studs

4)
5)
7)

Similar to last year

1 Like

Example mock draft ^

1. Newton DT
    54- Tampa CB
    89- Sainristil NB

4th) Kamara Edge
5th) Zinter RG
7) Leary QB