Thoughts on Jalen Carter

If we miss out on Young and Anderson is he still the next on the list? I like him a lot. But with everyone else’s (not me) propensity to freak out over Brad drafting anyone with a scratch, do you want him?

2 Likes

Depends on how bad the “scratch” is?
Is his back all fucked up? Did he blow out a knee?
Do we expect to see him play at all his rookie season?
These are questions I need answered. If the answer is that his injury is severe and you can be relatively certain that he will miss most, or all of his rookie season. Yeah, I’m going to freak out. Availability is the most important quality in a player!

2 Likes

Lots pf recent posts here about him in the thread below…
wasn’t really started as a Jalen Carter thread specifically… but he got a lot of attention.

1 Like

From what I know so far…Yes.

1 Like

Very overrated, more flash than substance. An enticing prospect that will flash potential but production does not bear out the hype.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s worth a top 10 pick…but wtf do I know.

I don’t really feel like there is a DT worth picking in the top 10 of this years draft tbh.

Mike Renner of PFF just said that since they’ve been doing it (2015) Quennin Williams is the only DT that’s even close to Jalen Carter

3 Likes

His win rate is off the charts. Ive been told that is the best stat to evaluate a dt in college… but that is hear say

3 Likes

Winning is scheme and role dependent. Georgia ran a defensive scheme last year where their guys were not even trying to win on many downs.

1 Like

Ive only watched his Oregon game film so far and he didnt stand out IMO. Need to watch more recent film.

Watching him pretty closely against Tennessee, a few times he looked freakishly powerful with bull, push/pull, and rip moves. I need more tape though if we’re taking him top 5. TBH, I think top 4 is where you’ve got to be to get one of the guys we want- Young, Anderson, or Carter. 5 or lower and we’re looking at a different type player.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.