Three Chiefs fans found dead of fentanyl overdose

Just crazy. It’s unclear but sounds like this was a game day thing as they are identified as Chiefs fans. Holy crap.

edit: yes they apparently were watching a game, got high and died. Brutal.

The fentanyl deaths are completely out of control these days. Tragic and sad.

So many young people too.

7 Likes

Out of control.

Wasn’t Sid11 a PhD chemist? Is he still around here at all?

1 Like

bummer….but at least they died feeling good and knowing their team was champs and going back to the Super bowl

Nope, this happened after the bitterly cold Miami game. First thoughts were they froze to death.

yikes. So the fentanyl knocked them out then they froze? I guess if the thunder don’t get you the lightning will

My first personal thought on it as someone in recovery for 21 years, sponsors a few along the way and that has personally seen served young and old die from this shit:

7 Likes

Lost my childhood best friend to the stuff a few years back. It’s a terrible epidemic.

2 Likes

I may have saved a person from a fentanyl overdose death last week.

He was prescribed a possibly lethal dose… in the hospital.

3 Likes

I wonder where this stuff is made? How does this happen?

2 Likes

Mexico, then smuggled into Arizona. I lived in Arizona for 22 years until recently. It’s gotten really bad there. Still have lots of family and friends there. They say it’s like the Walking Dead in Tucson where I came from

2 Likes

This was pretty clear from the jump

1 Like

shhhhh

1 Like

It’s made basically everywhere. China is big, as is Mexico.

Deaths happen because fentanyl and its analogs are so absurdly lethal. Drug dealers cut other drugs with fentanyl because it’s relatively cheap and potent. That makes the resulting blend unpredictable for users; a dose of pure coke they could handle results in an OD when it’s a coke-fentanyl blend.

Safely testing seized drugs that might contain fentanyl

5 Likes

When you see the visual… shit that’s crazy. That little amount could be added to anything. Sigh

1 Like

Yep - and it’s crazy and many who go back out per a relapse as well as a recreational user if literally anything can get this shit laced in it.

One reason I am ok, don’t like it but, am ok with legalized weed: it’s a controlled process and product.

The Dope man will ■■■■ you every timr

5 Likes

In this case it appears to have been made by the owner of the house, a chemist.

Trust me, no one got into it with him more than I. Haha. But yeah. Just interested in his opinion on this and not much else.

1 Like

Fentanyl is also tough to detect on UA’s.

1 Like