Thursday Night Snoozefest

Cam Newton HAS to still be hurt, right?

Oof.

And where is Jameis Winston in his career? Is he officially middling? A total bust? A combination of both?

And where the hell are the fans? Place is empty.

The fans are wisely not shelling out big bucks to watch this shitshow in person.

Newton is probably hurt. Winston is a moron who once tried to steal seafood by shoving it down his pants. Expect errant throws from both.

1 Like

Something I wish Detroiters did more of.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the only way to steal seafood?

1 Like

Now I miss the show “Detroiters.” Did anyone watch that on Comedy Central?

1 Like

Good God, NFL referees are just f**king BAD.

2 Likes

Meh ending. Tampa never once bit on that trick play.

Newton can’t make passes that most backups would make. He no longer can run the ball. I love the guy, but he’s in a very steep decline.

2 Likes

Would love the Lions to hire River Boat Ron next season

1 Like

Was this one of the stadiums where tickets costs are over $150?

A quick StubHub glance shows their next home game having tickets starting from $65.

Lion fan should be happy they’re not Panther follower. Given the luxury of first two games at home and go piss it away. This place would have been burnt to the ground if that was us. On paper, thought they would be a stronger roster than us, but apparently not.

They are typically cheaper than that. However some weeks are expensive. I tried to go to the Panthers v Cowboys game last year to open the season and I think the cheapest ticket I found was around $225.

1 Like

I’ve never seen whatever it is other people saw in Winston. He’s got a good arm, there’s no doubt about that. But he’s such an awkward athlete, and can’t make throws off platform. In other words, he can’t really be a franchise QB.

2 Likes

Same here. He looked great in a powerhouse college offense where every guy around him was better than most of their opponents. He still hasn’t realized that the risky throws he could get away with in college are interceptions in the NFL. His decision making on and off the field is questionable at best.

1 Like

The best part of last night’s game:

1 Like

Ahhh, memories of the Silverdome. Only we rarely ever made it to the concourse.

1 Like

Yep. Absolutely loved it.

1 Like

Watching him against Oregon, you could see the weaknesses that were going to make it difficult for him to succeed in the NFL.

This is your franchise QB? LOL

2 Likes