Tigers vs White Sox; Sept 27-29

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

Yep, and let’s pray :pray: they happens tomorrow. Once that is done we can get our pitching rotation set for a best of 3 series.,

1 Like

They can throw Garrett Crochet, Jared Weaver, Bob Macramé or Carlos Knitter up against the Tigers. You know what I say to that?
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

1 Like

If we can make that happen without wasting Skubal’s arm I’d be ecstatic. I definitely want Skubal’s arm ready to go game 1 of the series.

I bet Illitch and Harris would love a best of 3 game playoff at Comerica too. :moneybag:

PS. I’m sure I’ll stop complaining about this at some point, but man it sure would be nice to have Flaherty’s arm as part of our rotation going into a best of 3 playoff series.

3 Likes

Flaherty hasn’t looked real good lately over there in LA. The average velocity on his fastball is down almost 4 mph, he’s walking alot of people, and looks kind of like an average pitcher overall.

I think he’s having back issues again, and The Dodgers aren’t managing it properly like we did.

I hated that trade when it happened, but honestly, it looks better and better every day. Especially when you look at the guys we got in return, and what they have been doing.

2 Likes

so I have free tix to the saturday game so I want to go to the clinching game but I have a feeling it’ll be all said and done tonight.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Winning The Office GIF

Just putting it up early but it will happen soon.

1 Like

Well Crochet has only gone 3-4 innings his last few starts as the team is keeping his innings low. Remember this was the guy that, if traded to a contender, said he wouldn’t pitch in the post season due to inning management, so to speak.

1 Like

Tigers have stated that the only reason Skubal would pitch on Sunday is if they needed the win to clinch.
If it is just for seeing they won’t start him.

1 Like

Sweeney has been a key contributor in this run to the postseason.

The bulk pen day has worked out as well as “Flaherty Starts” as Weasel has pointed out. So, yea, I would like him here, but not sure what we have lost or won due to not having him.

1 Like

If he or she is not willing to watch the Tigers clinch a playoff berth with you for date night then I suggest you run.

2 Likes

Someone commented on the pitch clock in a thread somewhere here. Latest data on the impact of the pitch clock.

4 Likes

Naw my wife is the boss. Ill be home before the game ends

2 Likes

This might be the best idea MLB ever had.

1 Like

make the game even quicker. every 2 foul balls = 1 strike.

IF you have the MLB package, watch the MiLB games that come with it. I have been more impressed with the automated strike zone than I thought I would be. They are testing it in two different ways iirc. One is where the zone is called just by computer I think that is Tues-Thursday. Friday thru Sunday it is umpires calling strikes/balls and the player can challenge the call, limited number of challenges. The challenge doesn’t go to NY it goes to the computer and that is the final answer, takes 5seconds to get a ruling.

1 Like

No, no, no, no…

Almost 3 games a day of 9 innings going over 3.5 hours? Yeah that step out/step off/1 batter reliever multiple times an inning analytics worship got wayyy too stupid.

Along with this trash

3 Likes
1 Like