Tommy Kraemer listed as starting RG for Philly

I think both are roll players depending on the package.

Both will see plenty of playing time so I wouldn’t put much stock in it.

Rodrigo is the back-up LBer to Barnes I suspect. I think he will be brought along slowly.

1 Like

The Benny Hill approach to fielding an OL is upon us

2 Likes

Interesting. What the hell happened to Kraemer now? Sewell would be nasty at guard. Matt Nelson at tackle I’d assume.

Looks like all options on the table. Kraemer was not listed as one of Coaches options.

1 Like

PTSD activated…
Ptsd GIF by GIPHY News

1 Like

Is Kraemer not the guard now? Looks like he may be injured too???

Looks like they’re going to Sewell to RG approach. I dont know how much the RG pulls but I can imagine he will be a monster as a pulling guard.

1 Like

Plan A-ehhhh, OK

plan B- Nope nopity nope no sir

Plan C-backup plan to A.

Really, I’d like it if our back up RT was better and I think Penei can match those 2 dudes for strength…
Also, Penei and Ragnow together is a good deal.

Do you think they want to run over Decker/Jonah more, or a Ragnow/Sewell combo more? This is what Brown can do for us…give us two directions instead of a worse line plugging a side and really being deficient on one and good/ok on the other.

1 Like

I think using Penei at RG and Nelson at RT during the portion of practice open to the reporters was simply gamemanship. IMO, we won’t be starting the game with that alignment and won’t see it on Sunday unless there are further injuries. Anything that keeps the Eagles guessing up until game time is good for us.

At Danimal’s presser today, he acknowledged that they’ll try out a couple of different OL groups including Kraemer at RG, so there’s no indication that Kraemer is hurt or compromised.

Kraemer will start at RG, so I say…

I’m not sure what to make of any of this…

2 Likes

During MCDC’s presser he said they were going to try a number of combos.

Sewell at guard, Nelson at tackle
Brown at center, ragnow at guard
Sternberg at LG, JJ at RG

Troubling no Kramer today. Oof

2 Likes

cosmo kramer seinfeld GIF

During the open portion of practice.

Strike that. Lol. I just saw that Kraemer has a back issue too.

“Elijah, why hast thou forsaken me?”

2 Likes

Out with a back. No bueno.

Out of all the options, it seems like JJ at RG and Stenberg at LG makes the most sense.

2 Likes

The Drew Forbes era begins!!!
Funny Games Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

The Detroit Lions have one of the best starting offensive lines in the NFL…….
gone christmas GIF

1 Like

I sure hope it’s not the same “good enough to play” as last year. If he’s not fully healthy then please sit him until he is.

1 Like

That’s the route I’d go as well. Move Jackson over and play stenberg. Plus, it’ll be fun watching stenberg and ragnow vs Davis in the run game.

3 Likes

That would be a good route to go, the other option I was thinking was moving ragnow to RG and put Brown in at center, only because Jackson has experience playing next to brown for a lot of the year last year. That way you keep pretty good continuity and familiarity. Not to mention it would be cool as all heck to see Sewell and Ragnow blow up the right side in the run game!

I’m sure the coaches will put the best combination they can out there, they know these guys the best. DC said today that Fraley rotates guys through the line all the time so I’m sure they have a good idea.

They aren’t gonna tell anyone the plan yet and we’ll probably find out at the same time as the Eagles, on Sunday!

Edit: it does sound like stenberg is a LG only and Brown is a center only, just from how DC has talked about them. Also intriguing they could put Sewell in at RG. That dude can just play everywhere

3 Likes