Too Overlooked

1 Like

L O L

Love it. I always appreciate humor. What blows my mind, is that some people feel “Whoop Dee Doo” about the Lions. Fuckers!

1 Like

We rate players who have never seen a down in the NFL all the time and in the end are not sure exactly what we got. We have one here who fell in the draft based on accusations about his personal conduct and his 40 time, it certainly wasn’t because of his college play. He has shown that he has upside and that he was well worth the pick. Really like how he fought for the 1st down at the 1:30 mark. Snags, stupidity becomes you…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnUYxIfoG7M

This thread is about his hidden potential. That meshes with what I saw in 2020, esp. later. His TD V. the Bears was fantastic.

He does have hidden potential. Hidden in that he didn’t have a lot of opportunity but that as the season word on he got better and better.

I am not saying pass on drafting a WR now! I am saying I am comfortable looking for WR help in rd. 2 as I think the value is better because we have three WRs here who can catch the football well now. Add a rookie in rd. 2 and that group has real potential.

1 Like

I’m sort of between you guys. (that’s what she said)

I can see where he could be a “meh” (solid backup), but hope he can be clutch. If he can just be a dude that reliably catches the ball when the “fast guys” are diverting attention, he could be a great portioner/stick mover/FG range aligner. Dude’s probably not gonna be our #1WR, but I can see his ceiling is not yet reached. It depends on what happens between his ears.

If our coaches are as good as ppl think, Cephus will be a really nice asset.

Sorry, so one person posted that it’s how we all feel. Got it.

Where does he say that Cephus is a #1? I’ll help you out, he doesn’t.

When teams are drafting a WR in round 1, are they typically looking for a #2 or #3 WR?
I would think they’re looking to get a #1 WR if they are drafting one in round 1…or at least a 1b. Wouldn’t you agree?

LOL, I’m done. This was about a guy taken late that fared pretty well when given the opportunity, You got your panties in a twist because you felt that this somehow morfed into a thread about Cephus being a #1, which no one asserted. Have at it, your most recent comment has nothing to do with this thread.

1 Like

I was making a joke. Genuinely curious where you read that because I thought the source sounded intelligent and wanted to look at their other material. I play a lot of DFS and that writer is speaking my language.

No doubt, he did show at least something his rookie year. Had he put-up Darnell Mooney’s rookie #'s, I’d be more excited. 20 receptions for a season is not much though.

I’ve been saying this all along, this team needs playmakers. The guys in round 2 that excite me are more slot guys than outside guys. There are a lot of good prospects this year but it seems that there are 3 that stand-out outside the rest. Do you really want to pass on one of those guys because of Cephus or anyone else of our 1 year rental WR’s? Even if Tyrell or Breshad do well, there’s no telling if they’ll resign here or not.

1 Like

You seem to have a hard time separating what I say vs what you think.

It’s funny that you think “my panties got twisted” when all I said was that Cephus should have no bearing on us taking a WR in round 1.
You seem to like to twist what I say though.
Good luck Casanova.

funny thing to say “how do we even know he can play in the league?” seemed to play fine when given the chances last season…

Still, too overlooked…

He’s not just an option in the slot.

Cephus

1 Like