Top 2 Pick Locked. So now I ask…

Drafting someone you’re going to fix at 2nd overall, means you’re an idiot and won’t have your job long.

4 Likes

No college player comes into the league without needing some work, even the ones who hit the ground running.

1 Like

He literally lives in the opponent’s backfield. Snap, boom, there.

2 Likes
  1. Trade Down (High Return)
  2. Hutchinson
  3. Trade Down (Medium Return)
  4. Kenny Pickett.

Yes, I like Goff a little. But a QB room of Goff, Boyle, and Blough isn’t good. It sucks. I’m taking Picket and if Goff plays well and Pickett plays well, that’s a good problem to have.

Ain’t no way in hell I draft a safety.

Ain’t no way in the deep darkest depths of hell I draft a guy with no heart.

Ain’t now way I draft a QB with 8.25" hands… :pinching_hand:

mini GIF

Thibodeaux has the athleticism to where his ceiling is a Hall of Fame DE. He has that level of talent. I don’t see that with Hutchinson, but I do see the potential for him to end up better than Thibodeaux if Thibodeaux isn’t motivated to play (which I don’t think will be an issue with this coaching staff) or deals with constant injuries.

I feel like the UM homerism for Hutchinson has caused people to downplay Thibodeaux quite a bit, and my guess is he completely blows the roof off at the combine.

5 Likes

Agree but his point is correct also you want at #2 to get a player with few warts.

1 Like

If you are relying on someone other than Tibby to motivate Tibby, it is not meant Tibby.

Drafting a run stuffing DT isn’t the only way to help your run defense.

Draft Kenny depending on his official hand measurement. Only half serious…

QBs will rise in the coming months as usual. He should be gone within the top 8 picks.

1 Like

I came to this same conclusion YEARS AGO…which is why I don’t get emotionally involved in draft debates anymore. Last year I thought for sure they should take Justin Fields….the Lions didn’t think so and there is that. This year, to me, they can’t go wrong with either DE (Thibs or Hutch) but hey, who knows what Holmes and DC are thinking.

1 Like

My cynical ass is just waiting for them to go all SOL - smartest guys in the room- and take OL Neal (because of aDDinG StREnGth To thE POSitiOn !!1!) or CB Stingly (because drafting CB in the top 3 2 out of 3 years is also SOL) with the #2 pick, then watch the hillarity ensue…of course I’d be remissed to suggest they go suPeR SMartRst GaiS iN teH roOOm-RooM-rOOooOm, and somehow take a TE…but that couldnt possibly happen

Everything I read says that Hutch will blow the roof off Lucas Oil Stadium as well.

Toy Story Hello GIF

I’ve said something similar to this before… while there’s certainly an element of both Michigan fandom and “try hard white guy” appeal to Hutchinson, the downplaying of Thibodeaux is almost exclusively due to his lack of production.

KT was starting to lose his luster with some folks as the season progressed, independent of other players. When he was a ghost in both Utah games, that only pushed more people in that direction. Sure, it looked worse and was highlighted as a contrast by many with Hutch’s Ohio State game, but it would’ve been problematic regardless.

2 Likes

You specifically mentioned that DT should be in play with the goal of shoring up the run defense so I just put two and two together.
If they go that route, it would illustrate that they’re admitting failure with double dipping on two DTs with high picks last season in Levi and McNeil.

In any event, if they do go DT again, I want a multi dimensional guy. A guy that can do more than take up space and clog up the run game. Somebody like Tavon Walker with the Rams pick I’d be all in for, that’s a guy that has game wrecker potential in multiple ways.
I do agree that the run defense is an issue though. I just want them to focus on taking playmakers, high upside guys, with the high picks.

I think it’s pretty simple. KT whiffed on the Utah games and Hutchinson dominated the Ohio St. and Iowa games. That right there is what changed the perception for many folks here, I don’t think homerism had anything to do with it really.

Essentially, I agree with you. I just piggybacked on your take.

2 Likes

Thibs over Hutch every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hutch looked like a high school player against GA :rofl:

I won’t be surprised if he looks like a high school player in the NFL too.

I disagree. This board is filled with UoM slappies.

Hence the “Shea Patterson is a 1st round draft pick” narrative.

charlie murphy GIF

If anything I see reverse bias against Hutchinson because he played for UM. There is no question a Lions board is going to have UM fans but these fans have carried over their Lionitis to the Wolverines. I can think of only 1 poster I would label a slappy and it’s not for UM.