Top 2 Pick Locked. So now I ask…

Come on dude! You are a UoM slappy aren’t you? :rofl:

Don’t care one bit about UofM and I would take Hutchinson over Thib.

One game does not make a season for Hutchinson. Georgia game planned around Hutchinson and threw a lot of screens and quick throws so Hutchinson didn’t have a chance to get pressure. The score was lopsided as well so left very few pass rushing opportunities. When he did get a chance he was typically given extra attention.

Hutchinson’s disappointing game against Georgia in the College Football Playoff semifinal might take some of the shine off his draft stock, but that had more to do with Georgia’s game plan than the players tasked with blocking him.

While Hutchinson did manage just one quarterback pressure and a season-low 62.5 pass-rush grade across 32 pass-rush snaps, over two-thirds of those plays featured either a screen, run-pass option or play-action pass — plays that go a long way to negating the pass rush. And on the few reps Hutchinson truly got to pin his ears back and get after the passer, Georgia made sure to send a double-team his way.

Despite the underwhelming night against Georgia, no college football player played better football in 2021 than Hutchinson. The 6-foot-6, 265-pound pass-rusher earned an FBS-leading 94.5 PFF grade in 2021 and did so after suffering a season-ending leg fracture during the shortened 2020 season.

With his power, get-off and advanced rush ability, Hutchinson has been virtually unblockable this season.

Per PFF

Also check this out

https://www.pff.com/news/aidan-hutch…h-pass-rushers

Love the Jared Allen comp

3 Likes

I expect Hutch to be a massive bust.

So we can expect Hutch to dominate shitty teams and disappear against good teams that game plan for him? Sounds like a very SOL pick.

Fox might have more athleticism.

1 Like

I like Hutchinson. Not too thrilled with Daxton Hill. Not that high on Ojabo. He’s good but not high first round good. Am I supposed to disavow all Wolverines because I root for the team? That’s just dumb. Who knows, some day I might even want JJ McCarthy.

I’m sure you will :wink:

I guess you missed the Ohio State and Iowa games then.

1 Like

Any Ohio State team that loses to MI is a shitty Ohio State team.

Iowa :rofl:

I expect Detroit to go a different route because their scout team isn’t filled with UoM homers.

They’ll go a different route because Hutchinson is the best player in the draft and will go to Jacksonville.
Anyone who prefers Thibs is either:
(a) Gets their opinions from talking heads
(b) Lionized Wolverine fan
(c) Sparty fan
(d) Blind

Okay homer.

He dominated just about every game he played in besides the Bowl Game. One game does not make a season. The fact that Georgia did there best to game plan around Hutchinson and take him out the game tells you how much of an impact he makes in a game. That alone makes him extremely valuable even though he had little impact on the box score. Could you imagine if a offense went into a game against us saying we need to get the ball out quick and constantly send extra attention towards a specific defender. Even if that defender doesn’t make a box score impact, did he not have a big impact on the game overall? Isn’t it up to the rest of the defense to step up at that point?

It tells you how easy it is to neutralize an unathletic DE at the NFL level.

He had zero impact in that game. ZERO.

ok?

I know. I agree with me too. You don’t have to ask me.

JESUS, forget what college rivalry there is/was, WHO is THEE best player between Hutch & Thibs…THEN , which one is the BEST-ABSOLUTE for The LIONS !?

#1 Thibs
#2 Not Hutch

How is that not an impact? If you have a shutdown corner and he takes a WR out of the game plan, but makes zero impact in the box score is that no impact? If you have one of the best WR’s in the game and a team devote 2-3 defenders on him on every play and he catches 2 balls for 18 yards is that no impact?

yeah another 9,000 of us will go back and fourth all day, somebody make a POLL already !

You’re not doing a very good job of convincing me of anything. GA rolled MI and honestly showed how useless Hutch is.

During the season you said Ojabo has been the best pass rusher on Michigan. Not saying you were right or wrong but I do remember you saying that or something to that nature. That aside I do think JJ McCarthy is going to be A PLAYER and if I am Harbaugh he starts next season PERIOD!