Top 4 goes like this IMO

1. Bryce Young

2. Will Anderson

3. Tyree Wilson

4. Anthony Richardson

5. Seattle will have Carter, Gonzalez, Stroud on board. We will have 2 of the above.

1 Like

You don’t think Houston goes QB at #2? I think their GM pretty much has to or he’s getting fired.

10 Likes

Charlie Casserly was right before…they’ll do it again. And they’ll be right again.

Dameco knows you can be in the conf finals every year with 3rd string QBs as long as you have an elite pass rush.

Chalk it up. Honestly wouldn’t suprise me if they got Jimmy G himself. And got a guy like Hooker later on

5 Likes

Houston picks Stroud in that scenario IMO

5 Likes

And then I think AZ tries to move the third pick.

2 Likes

The Ohio State guys are going to be on you.

I would be very, very surprised if they don’t go QB in that scenario. Ryans was also part of the staff that traded 3 1st rounders to move up for Lance. It hasn’t worked out (so far), but the Texans don’t have to trade anything. They can sit there and take the guy they want.

The only way I see them passing is if they believe they can trade up from #12 and get a guy they want, but that is a much riskier proposition. Every GM will say if you have a guy you want don’t get cute, just take him. And that’s what I fully expect them to do.

1 Like

I think both Bryce and Stroud fit in Houston personally

Bryce can reunite with John Metchie

Stroud has a decent oline to play behind, along with okay weapons (They will likely draft another WR, question is if at 12 or in the 2nd.)

2 Likes

And there’s always the chance they take JSN at 12 after taking Stroud. Probably not since Metchie might be slot only as well, but maybe JSN isn’t slot only. He’s big enough to play outside. And everyone though Jefferson was slot only too (that’s where I screwed up my eval of him).

1 Like

I think they go quention or hyatt tbh

2 Likes

Those fit better with the current state of their roster for sure, but if they grab Stroud they might give more thought to taking JSN. Those guys made magic together.

1 Like

If the Texans took Stroud, I would go JSN at 12. This draft has a bunch of solid not great players. I don’t see much of a drop off from prospects 5-50. Get JSN to pair with Stroud for comfortability and stability.

2 Likes

Houston definitely taking a QB at two.

The question really is if it’s Stroud or Richardson?

I don’t think their GM can afford to wait on Richardson. He needs a QB ready to play now. I think they’re Young or Stroud all the way.

1 Like

Boy, are there going to be some teams that would like a do-over about 3 years down the road if this is the top 5. Big reaches galore.

2 Likes

They fired Lovie because he thought that way.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to revisit this thread in early May

2 Likes

Yeah the Texans are definitely going QB. With all their draft capital the next two years and cap space, it makes perfect sense.

Lol Jman you make more predictions than anyone on this board. Don’t be that guy that says I told you so. Even if this one happened to be correct, you will have dozens more that will be wrong!

I’m just having fun man! Don’t take this the wrong way! But for real, don’t be an I told you so guy!

My own top 5 as of today… likely be some trading going on.

1. Bryce Young
  2. C.J. Stroud
  3. Will Anderson Jr.
  4. Jalen Carter (NFL is shameless)
  5. Peter Skoronski
3 Likes