And, Socko’s pick at 6 is:
AR 15
Levis
Witherspoon
Gonzalez
D Washington
DL

2 Likes

Going to be Gonzalez for both me and the Lions.

Right now I’ll go

1. Bryce Young
  2. CJ Stroud
  3. Will Anderson
  4. Will Levis
  5. Anthony Richardson
1 Like

In jmans defense he didnt list the teams picking in these spots so maybe theres a trade between Chicago and Houston. If there is no trade then this list is definitely not going to be correct.

3 Likes

I’d be really surprised if Skoronski goes top 5. That’s higher than Quenton Nelson went and he was the best iOL prospect maybe ever. And I don’t think any team considering him a tackle takes him that high (and I don’t think most teams will consider him a tackle anymore either).

Could be. I like the safe picks and the top o-line guy usually goes pretty high. Maybe there are bigger gamblers than me. I want pretty much a guaranteed starter at that kind of pick. Not some reach of faith. I don’t have much faith.

2 Likes

I agree you’re looking for the best combo of high floor and high ceiling, but you also have to take positional value into account. I mean if what you want is a guaranteed successful player you should take Bijan way before Skoronski.

I do look at positional value. It was either him or a WR in that spot for me. I think these d-line players are all major reaches. I’m not convinced he can’t play OT because his arms are short. But yeah, I’m not a big RB guy. Not fully buying into the Bijan hype either.

2 Likes

Oh man I don’t know about that. Talking positional value followed by suggesting Bijan is a better pick at 6 is debatable. But I do understand the logic for short term impact.

I am as anti-Bijan (or any RB) in the 1st as anyone on this board. My point was that if you’re willing to throw positional value away and take a guard in the top 5, then you might as well draft Bijan, because he’ll be more impactful. I’m not willing to do either.

3 Likes

Isn’t it better to take a good football player though than a guy who appeared on mock drafts because he has really long arms and you checked the stats and he also had a few sacks?

1 Like

Ideally you get both.

But if you’re only going for already fully developed prospects, you’d miss out on guys like JJ Watt, Rashan Gary, Jeffrey Simmons, Micah Parsons, Jaycee Horn, Justin Herbert, Tristan Wirfs, Patrick Mahomes, Justin Jefferson, Josh Allen, Dexter Lawrence, Leonard Williams, etc… All of those guys had some questions about their transition to the pros but overcame them. They certainly weren’t flawless prospects.

And sure, there’s other guys who have questions who never overcome them, but that’s an evaluation issue. If Brad believes our staff can get the most out of a guy, he should take him.

1 Like

Guy is like a poor man’s Travon Walker without the crazy combine. I can’t believe the stuff I see these days. But who knows. It seems like a really weak draft at the top and someone has to get picked right? I’m still playing the safe game though. Gonzalez seems safe. Bryce Young, yep I’ll do that all day. Jalen Carter? Nah, I’d rather Gonzalez at this point.

3 Likes

I think Richardson has passed Levis. I see Levis falling to 8 or 9.

I thought Davis Mills already had some upside, could they possibly roll with him another year, build the roster and if they suck again go with a better QB prospect next year?

Geno Smith just signed for 105 million so don’t think they will be taking a QB.

Maaaybe, but I’d be really surprised. He’s a good option if they want to continue to tank but I really don’t think Caserio can afford to do that. He’s on thin, thin ice.

1 Like

It’s not as simple as who’s the better prospect. Preference matters too. And I think the Colts would be more interested in Levis than Richardson.

It’s not as simple as who’s the better prospect. Preference matters too. And I think the Colts would be more interested in Levis than Richardson.

Colts coach is Philly’s OC…they are 100% going AR15

Don’t say 100% bro! Levis is athletic and a runner as well.

There isn’t one board these guys pick from. Everyone has their own. Richardson is not going to be everyone’s cup of tea.

That combine performance means very little if anything to those who actually make the decisions. It was also highly blown out of proportion. He didn’t throw the ball well at all. Aside from a couple of bombs.

3 Likes