Top 40: Chris Simms has Goff ranked 30

I’m trying to figure out what makes the young veterans in the 17-20 range better than Goff? What has Daniel Jones ever done? Having Trubisky and Mariota ahead of Goff is just laughably misguided. I can sort of understand listing the high upside rooks over him based on projection but there’s no reason for the group of Wentz, Garrapolo and Mayfield to not only be a tier above but 10-13 spots higher. What?

I have never been a big Goff fan and don’t see him as a long term solution but I’m starting to think that the media is trolling with his ranking because…lol Lionzzz

2 Likes

Nothing man. It’s just a dude’s opinion. Just choose what works for you and ignore the rest. It’s all just prognostication. He’s like us, but less handsome.

1 Like

They’re trolling Goff because Stafford won the Super Bowl with a store bought Rams team his first year and the media dogged Stafford for 12 years.
The media still won’t give Stafford his due, either.

2 Likes

Curious as to why you care? There is a theme to your questions towards me…

The list of articles you included only shows that there are others who share the same opinion as some here. That doesn’t actually mean that the opinion is accurate.

It’s interesting. Typically bloggers and low-level fan/writers are not given much credibility around here. Jeff Risdon of Lionswire and Detroit Lions Podcast is not given much cred around here but his peers at Bears Wire when it is a take that someone here agrees with is used as proof of some sort…fascinating.

Yes I agree with you 100% there. Just saying that they are right ~30% of the time and the initial take was right, but their obsession is silly

2 Likes

Or… people tend to over exaggerate how bad someone is when they say something they don’t like, and overly amplify how credible they are when they say something they agree with.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with that. But to be fair I didn’t see anyone except for your post saying Simms was the stupidest person alive. Worst I saw was dumbfu*k and an article calling him an idiot

I would say any average idiot can have a dumbfu*k take now and then and not necessarily be the stupidest person alive

That same average idiot might have a random great take too

If he’s taking Goff’s 4th highest cap hit into account, he might have him ranked too high.

1 Like

If we win with Goff at QB, then I kind of don’t care about the ranking other than it makes for a few seconds of laughter at Chris Simms trying to dig himself out of a hole.

The entire NFL rated Tom Brady as a 6th round pick or lower.

One QB may be “better”, but he may be an underachiever. I’d rather have the overachiever who actually gets the job done.

1 Like

Watching Malik Willis with tons of curiosity.

I’m ready for football to start. This offseason seems extremely long for whatever reason. Looking forward to Hard Knocks.

If I wasn’t lazy, I’d try to find the parallels between those who celebrated Simms’ take on Jamo during the draft, and now want to cancel Simms over this take.

Because so far on this forum w/ regard to Goff, I’ve been told …

• Pro Football Focus doesn’t know what they’re doing
  • The media is “out to get” Goff
  • Simms is a complete idiot (except when he’s not)
  • Goff is a top 20 QB in the history of the league

I’m all about defending our guy. I’m not all about histrionic takes to get thee.

4 Likes

I blame it on someone trading in their phone.

Put these on and take another look…

2 Likes

I live there bro. Tattoo’d on my corneas. no need for the “lens”. :wink:

2 Likes

I think you’d like the xray vision.

1 Like

Chris Simms… Bless His Heart.

1 Like

Hmmm. What kind of “curiosity” would that be?

LOL.
How much ass will he kick, this year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Never trust a man who buttons the top button….

4 Likes