Top 40: Chris Simms has Goff ranked 30

His take on Goff is wrong
Is take on Williams could be right.

Goff isnt a top 10 qb, but he is also better then 30th

Lets remember. Goff never really had a healthy oline. Goff number one wr played in what one or two series last year. Hock missed 5 or 6 games.

Not really. You can agree one take is right, and one take is wrong. You can’t get a great take from the stupidest human alive or he really isn’t all that stupid.

Yeah but if his ranking was on atleticism then Tyler Huntley would be ranked higher. Tbh, I don’t know what his rankings are based on.

His take on Jamo made me very worried that Jamo was a reach.

I’ve watched Simms and florio for years and found them to be the least accurate of the talking heads out there.

Simms’ take on situations are about as accurate as his NFL throwing completion rate, which is about 38%. Even he gets stuff right once in a while.

2 Likes

Sure they can. For example:

A: I think Simms is spot on with Williams
B: Simms Goff opinion is stupid

See how easy that is. I’m sure the stupidest person alive is occasionally right about something

3 Likes

COMPLETELY agree! This team is shaping up nicely, and the way they are coached is a bigger deal than any one guy on the team.

Dan is more important than any player…by a mile.

That said, Goff’s gonna win 10.
Also…
We if we can upgrade, we should!

Goff’s absolute floor is about 20 (I’d be shocked)
Goff’s ceiling is 10, though his stats could make him look higher.

I’ve explained this before. I view Stafford as 7, but his stats show out like he was the 3rd best last year in most “measurables.”

Goff is approximately #15 in my eyes.

The difference between 12-15 is not that much…but the difference between dipping into the top 7-8 is BIG.
I think Goff is a borderline franchise QB. There will be massive debate over that soon…because he’s BORDERLINE. :wink:

Last preseason, I heard one fo the coaches say “it’s not the QB’s job to win games.” When taken out of context, it sounds a little “off,” but I take it to mean…“we don’t need a superstar QB to pull us out of a hole.”

Truthfully, I wish we had one that could. Can Goff develop into a top 8 guy? I think the stat-lovers are going to be very, very happy. I think the stat-guys are going to think they have a top 6 or 8 guy, next year. The “eye test” guys may/may not want something more.

QB controversy is gonna get bigger when we win 10 games. Goff is gonna win a lot of you us over.

I just want us to win the SB.

1 Like

Simms opinion on Jamo has absolutely zero to do with the PFT/Simms grudge against Goff.

Three years ago Florio was screaming to the world that there was no way the Rams would give Goff an extension. He went on all the talk shows and for some reason staked his reputation on the idea that the Rams would not extend Goff.

The Rams then extended Goff, and Florio had a meltdown. He can’t move past it.

So yes, PFT and Simms will shit on Goff all day, everyday, regardless of how he plays … as many of you have already figured out.

2 Likes

Still a ton of question marks on the defense side.

We could have a top 5 O

But a top 25 defense.

1 Like

between 13 &15 with a possibility to sneak into the top 10 if things go right.

I could see it as possible, but not likely.
Biggest reason I feel that way is Dan Campbell.
The new philosophy is gonna help a ton.
I think we will have an offense ranked around 7, with a 17th (or so) ranked Defense.

Totally agree. If our offense stays healthy, and adds Jamo in late October/November, they should be well above average.

The defense is all about potential, and almost zero proven commodities. It really is a hope and a prayer. Things might work out, and they might not. It will be very interesting to see what AG can do with this group.

2 Likes

yup - We’re gonna get back so many dudes from injury as well. Love the 2 new additions to the DL in Hutch and Pachal. Hope Levi and Alim can step up, but clueless on what to expect from any of these 4.

I am confident in the defensive backfield. Elliot will be good in the 10-15 games he starts ;). Kirby will surprise late in the season. The CBs are going to have an amazing floor as a unit, but not sure what their ceiling is, though I think it’s really nice.
LBs …more question marks. AG is the most important man to our defense by a mile, and he will get the ceiling out of them.

In thinking of where they were last year, and how they got that way…missed assignments and missed tackles up front were a big part of the reason there were so any bigger plays that should have been 5-7 yarders. IMO.

There will be much more continuity with the playbook this year, and mistakes are still gonna happen more than we like…but far less than last year. We are still a very young team.

1 Like

If we can get even a top 20 defense. I can see us winning 9 or 10 games. I think the north is wide open.

I think Minnesota goes 11-6
Green Bay 11-6
Lions 9-8
Bears 6-11

We are close, but need few more players on that defense side of the ball. We have the potential but nfl is much faster then college ball

1 Like

Minnesota goes 8-8
Green Bay 11-6
Lions 10-7
Bears 5-12
My guess

Its really coming down to goff and the defense.

Goff has the weapons, but can he and the team stat healthy

Like you said defense has a potential, but nfl is faster the college and may take a year or two for the guys to adapt to the next level

I really like Minnesota this year. They have the same question marks has the lions. Can Cousins step up and can the defense do thier job’s

1 Like

This is one take where I 100% agreed with Florio and Simms. Goff should not have been extended at the contract and timing he was. My biggest gripe with Snead has been the huge contracts he’s been doing. It’s almost never worked out (Gurley, Goff). Even the one that looks the best, Donald, he may retire this year and already wants another.

Goff was good after 17/18 but not worth a top contract. They still had 2 years left.

I don’t think anyone would argue with you on that.

That wasn’t really the point of my post … it’s the irrational anger Florio and Simms have for Goff due to the contract. Goff didn’t give himself that contract … right?

They should really redirect their Goff hatred to Snead and the Rams. Of course they can’t currently, because the Rams have the trophy. So they will continue to defame Goff to make themselves feel better.

1 Like

His “stats” from early last year certainly made him look high.
Stats don’t tell the whole story.