Top 40: Chris Simms has Goff ranked 30

Hey look! Some media hack drawing eyeballs with a stupid take!

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

3 Likes

So bc his opinion is different then yours he is a dumbfuck? Interesting……Dumbfuck implies a extraordinarily stupid person. He really doesn’t meet the criteria.

Technically, he was drafted by the Chargers and traded to the Giants. Stupid Chargers had Drew Brees on their team for 3 years and still went after an upgrade.

Which ones of that list made it to the super bowl, but lost, though?

Off the top of my head, Goff, Burrow, and Newton.

1 Like

Pineapples are good. Mangoes are good. Apples, good. Oranges, also pretty good. (when they’re nicely ripe)

They’re all fruit, but like QBs, there are significant differences between them…

That’s why saying “better” isn’t enough. “Better for what?” is a better question.

2 Likes

I mean, what’s the downside of having Goff here vs having Stafford? We won’t win games? What else is new

2 Likes

Who is Chris Simms?
It might mean something coming from Phil.
Orlovski was just as disrespectful.
Personally, I really think they’re challenging him.
It’s QB speak for, “it’s time to show out”.
Frankly, I think Blough could win 6 games with this team around him. Maybe, more.
The Caldwell approach. Train your QB not to lose games.

1 Like
1 Like

Just curious where you rank Goff?

Not disagreeing, but I can think of at least 10 that fit better…(i.e. our futures odds would be higher than 6.5 with them).

So in 2020 he has Herbert at 37 then the next year he says Herbert and Tannehill are more talented than Tom Brady.

bananas

1 Like

but he did rank Brady in front of both of them, i think he was talking about more athletic.

Also, his mock draft was pretty darn accurate, just not for the Patriots.

“…His arm is still a big time arm. His talent is not as good as Ryan Tannehill or Justin Herbert.”

That’s just a dumb take

That’s harsh, but fair. We can’t ignore that Goff was terrible outside of a small handful of games.

That’s it no one really knows we’re to rank Goff at this point, if you take his 2 good seasons in LA and the last 6 games here he could be top 8, but you take the last couple years in LA and the first 10 games here and he looks like bottom 8. This is a hudge season for Goff.

I think Goff has good chance to succeed, Lions staff has built a pretty good team around him they had his confidence high at the end of the season and did nothing in the off season to shake that. Now I read Johnson and Goff are building his play book to fit Goff. Now it’s all up to Goff.

2 Likes

This is pretty much the bottom line. Save for ridiculous injuries to the other folks on offense or an injury to Goff himself, the team should know what they’re going to do going forward at the end of this season.

I suspect this means the team is either going to extend Goff make moves to go get another guy. I don’t know that there’s an “in between” outcome that makes sense. I predict Goff will solidify himself as “the guy” for us. We’ll see.

It should work out better this year.

“I’ve been trying to give him what I’ve learned and what I know in my five or six years, going into my sixth year now in the league, and he’s been very receptive,” Goff said. “It’s been awesome working with him so far and him wanting to listen and wanting to hear from me and at the same time, being open to that dialogue. It’s really nice, and it’s been cool.”

How come none of these talking heads rank Goff near the top? Even as clickbait.

2 Likes

Chris Simms on Jamo… Amazing take! We got the best WR in the draft!!!

Chris Simms on Goff… Possibly the stupidest human alive!!!

5 Likes

what an ass bag.

1 Like

Those things can both be simultaneously true.