Totally off the wall surprise pick at 1A

That catch gets talked about so much it’s a bit ridiculous. But it’s whatever…

Pretty obvious if Chark comes back it’s gonna be at 7-8m per year which I can live with.

Clutch. The word is “Clutch”.

That doesn’t make you clutch. Doing it over and over and over again makes you clutch. Chark caught about 3 passes a game. Again…mirroring his career numbers. BEAST :joy:

That catch was clutch. That’s why it’s talked about so much.
Your opinion of Chark is fine. It’s yours.
That catch, was clutch.

1 Like

Other than height I don’t see any resemblance with Chark and Johnston. Chark has a more sleek and frail build but he is more twitchy. he tracks the deep ball well and he has a big catch radius. Johnston is much more physical and what makes him special is yards after the catch. He doesn’t show natural receiving skills but it is rare to see a big man make people miss in the open field like he can. My concern with him is how willing is he to block? At TCU he wasn’t asked to block much. He would line up wide and take 2 defenders with him as a decoy.

Chark absolutely not, without question, does not have a big catch radius. And he is a body catcher too. That’s what I said reminds me of Johnston…

I didn’t say they were the same player. Johnston is probably going to be much better than a 500 yard a season guy.

His draft profile is on point

Not even. I watched him bend, leap, reach behind himself for completions.

1 Like

Lol go dig that up and I’ll eat crow. He didn’t make many catches so it shouldn’t be hard to find.

1:00,1:28, 2:31 and 2:58

And what did that highlight video display? I saw a lot dimes by Goff and a ton of body catching by Chark.

What it didn’t display was a huge catch radius. I will give credit where credit is due…he made two really nice catches. The one throw behind him at midfield. And the deep ball throw to the inside by Goff. It was a very nice adjustment.

But really that video just shows exactly what I already know about Chark. He’s tall and fast, the prototypical X WR. He doesn’t play big and catches too much with his body.

The TD catch was an outstanding grab at the 1:00 mark

Thanks I needed that! That is a catch radius when on the dead run the ball is 3 feet behind and he still snatches it. One of the best at coming down with errant throws. If only he could stay on the field.

1 Like

On of the best at coming down with errant throws??? You need to get out more…

Here I’ll say this because I’m not a douche who sticks by his guns no matter what…

I am probably too harsh on him. He’s a solid player who has a bit of an issue with injuries. His production when he does play is that of a lower end #2 WR. The majority of the board loves him and I try to shut that down some. So maybe I exaggerate some to prove my point.

On the flip side, a lot of people here drool over the profile and don’t actually look at the production. Focus on small sample sizes ignoring the big picture. See the comment just above…one of the best :joy:

He’s probably somewhere in the middle. Not as average as I say and not as great as others believe.

2 Likes

Maybe?
LOL

Lol in my opinion I’m not exaggerating. ~35 for 500 a season, ~45 yards a game for his career. To me, that isn’t good…average at best. But I will admit that it’s my opinion so maybe I’m bias. But I’m not paying 10m a year for these numbers :man_shrugging:t2:

Bro - I am well aware that if Brad wasn’t here, I would be terrified of the entire first round & have no clue how to navigate it.
Just thankful for Brad

1 Like

Just so you know he has been coached by the now HC of Houston an the head coach of the Jets when they were DC’s
When Lions signed him the new head coach said he was a player he wanted the Lions beat him.
This guy when his knee heals is a hitter hard nose CB who wants to not only stop completion but hurt the WR.
We will be lucky to resign him next season if he can get 100% healthy. I know you want a CB from draft but don’t put down what has happened in the secondary already. I am a fan that wants a CB every draft an a WR both are costly spots. I don’t think it had to be a rd one this season with the depth for secondary this draft. Its not like we need to get a starter early.

That dude reminds me of Calvin so much

I don’t know if it would be surprising, but I still think Gonzo is in play at 6.