Totally off the wall surprise pick at 1A

I’d personally like to trade back and gain more draft capital because I’m not a fan of anyone projected to us at 6. But I do feel you can get plenty of quality starters in the second and third rounds.

I would love to get him at 18. Want defense at 6.

2 Likes

An off the wall surprise pick at 6 would be Jordan Addison. The guy is slight but has been great at 2 different schools.

I think the choice may come down to Carter or Levis. Carter it would be a surprise that we could take him and Levis would be a surprise that we did take him.

1 Like

I love what we’ve done at corner and I think both Moseley and Okudah have potential to be starters in this league. That being said, Our long term outlook at the position is thinner than just about any position on the team. I prefer to grab another corner capable or starting. Preferably by pick 55 at the latest.

1 Like

Not if Carter is available.

If Carter is available: 6-Carter 18- Brian Branch

If Carter is off of the board: 6- Gonzo 18- Breesee

Little late on chiming in here

Personally I couldn’t care less about the accident calamity, what I do care about is his desire and commitment, from afar not liking what I’m seeing

I’ll promise anyone this, BH will do his diligence, Carter probably will be there at 6, this is a tough one considering need and skill set

3 Likes

I think it’s great that you use this correctly. When ppl say “I could care less,” what runs through my mind is…“then why don’t you?” hahahaha. Makes me laugh inside of my head. Not making fun of ppl, just having fun with myself.

I’m the same way. Young fella likely needs some help, but I am not of the opinion that this in & of itself causes him to fail the no turd policy.
It’s how he RESPONDs to it that matters most.
What are his feelings moving forward?
Who is he moving forward?
How xoes he show up moving forward?

What are the Lions thinking about these questions?

2 Likes

Natty he said he couldn’t care less. You can’t care less than that.

I could care less, is what you are referring to :joy::wink:

edit
Just realized I read that wrong and you were on it haha

1 Like

I had a long, drunken discussion about this a couple of years back with an English teacher at a local high school, and it turns out both are correct. “Couldn’t care less” is obvious, the meaning is literal, but “could care less” is irony turned normal. Like when we say something’s bad or wicked when we mean good. Idioms are often like that, a lot of them don’t make any sense.

For more:

1 Like

Haha - Love it → ambiguity & levels & layers of “correctness” based on level of “formal” you are looking for, in English language.

To me, it sounds like when ppl say “Irregardless”. While some recognize it, others xon’t
Evolution of language. I have an English Major, & hax a conversation similar to yours with an old English teacher of mine (the guy was muuuch smarter than most of my college professors). Things are changing & ya have to keep up with 'em, if you want to know the best way. I truthfully quit caring a looooong time ago. Love that I have solid communication skills, but aside from that, I’ve reeeaaally fallen off the wagon & lost touch.

The fact is, if people understand what you mean, then it’s fine. That’s how language works. My aunt used to say stuff like “I ain’t saying nothing to no one,” and while that’s a grammatical nightmare, I knew exactly what she meant.

100%
Also - Sending love to your charismatic aunt!

1 Like

Ha! I’ll pass it on. Most of my family is from the south so grammar is typically a take-it-or-leave-it proposition at family gatherings.

My family …same. When I went to college I had to put in an absolute TITAN effort, because I was so incredibly poorly educated. After my first test (first time I had ever tried on anything academically), I went to my professor, showed him my 65%, told him I tried my hardest, & asked him if I was smart enough to do this, & asked him if I should drop out.

He said, “We’ll keep an eye on it, but I don’t want you to drop out yet.” Love his honesty & shooting straight with me.

3 Likes

I’d be shocked if they go OL @ 6… Doesn’t make any value sense and this regime is all about BPA… The rookie would be making almost as much as Vaitai :face_vomiting:

It’s like taking a Dutchman by what he means not by what he says.

1 Like

Hell. I’m from NE Tennessee.We have our own vernacular. If you don’t know, pretend that you do. Just nod and smile. Gets em every time.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

That means you got 2/3rds of the answers right! Meatloaf approves!