Trade for Baker Mayfield

Interesting article about how it all fell apart for Baker in Cleveland. He’s not a great fit for our situation specifically (and I certainly wouldn’t pay him what he’s owed), but I still think he’s got a chance to win for someone. Interesting that he completed a league-leading 82% of his passes before he got hurt.

Not sure why some are quick to discount the injuries he played through last year. Not you Thats2… Just a general point about here, there, everywhere.

He gave it his all. With the injuries, it wasn’t enough.

If the Lions didn’t have Goff, I’d be all for him coming here.

1 Like

To his non-throwing shoulder?

That’s fair. If we didn’t have a highly compensated young retread already, I wouldn’t have A problem with him. But we do.

1 Like

Non throwing shoulder, requiring him to wear a harness the rest of the season. I believe both knees were injured. Rib or cartilage injury as well.

I’ll have to see if I recorded the game they covered all of his injures in a little graphic. I set my dvr to record all the nfl games, it doesn’t sometimes work correctly, or I delete stuff for space. Meaning I might not have the game anymore.

Instead of spending hours looking into film about his injuries, spend that time looking at film of his shit decision making.

1 Like

You don’t like him. I get that. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he’d be an upgrade qb over Boyle and Blough.

Baker is not a backup.

If the Lions didn’t have Goff, who would be the starter exactly? Boyle, Blough, or Montez?

Those are the other QBs on the roster.

Whelp he sure isn’t a starter lol

1 Like

really? Mayfield would be a “primary option” if Goff leaves in/by 2023 -but couldn’t be a feasible Back Up here because of that monster contract of his and all the questions about his play YET he’s a sure-thing as as a starting QB if Goff hangs them up by 2023 ?? :thinking:

I’d say a minor possibility / candidate to get QB in that scenario, I don’t see going after a shaky/questionable “vet” just because he is a said vet.

I’m gonna throw my theory out again….

Mayfield is NOT an option for the Lions… unless… Goff is significantly injured prior to the trade deadline.

Browns would still need to be willing to eat a significant portion of his salary… but Lions might want to improve upon Boyle if they face a majority of the season without Goff.

1 Like

Deshaun Watson is not a sure thing to start season. I expect him to be but if Browns are honest they are not sure NFL will clear him to be able to start.

I think there are sill some official oks needed .

If Watson is suspended Cleveland’s insurance policy is Trevor Siemian.

Not much of a policy my man, lol, but you probably already know that

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.