Trade for Baker Mayfield

Trinity Benson for Baker and 90% of his salary.

We are barely going to be able to keep Khalif…cmon.

How about Boyle and a 7th for baker and their 2025 1st if they pay 110% of his salary?

1 Like

Why would we wanna downgrade at the QB position with Baker?

4 Likes

Yeah i admit i was wrong there. Working 3rd shift plus whiskey for breakfast let me to ignore comon sense. We pay for Goff this season weather he is a Lion or not. But the cap number barely changes if we trade him. We just have to pay for his replacement on top of his dead cap hit. My bad. Thanks for correcting me.

2 Likes

We all ignore common sense at one point or another. :grinning:

2 Likes

If we didn’t then we would not be here among the most die hard fans the NFL has ever seen

2 Likes

The lions are actually, I think, in a good spot with Goff. We have a proven QB, know his ability and potential, and he’s 27. Baker in no way is an upgrade just would be a redux if what we just did with Goff.

They were talking about this a bit on 97.1 today, but I really think they are all in on Goff until he proves he can’t do it. I think is exactly how they should be approaching this. Bringing in Mayfield or any other qb now would just be redoing what they already did last year.

Build with Goff for now. See what he can do this year. Then see where we go from there. Which is essentially what Brad Holmes said

2 Likes

I agree. We are a hell of a what if team this year.

What if Goff plays like the last 6 games of 2021 all year?

What if ASB picks up where he left off?

What if Okudah, ROK and others come back healthy?

What if Levi’s first year was a fluke due to a year off and he excels?

What if our Oline stays healthy all season?

What if Jamo is full strength early in the season?

What if Hutch, Paschal, Rodriguez and Houston show their rediculous combined college sack skills early and often?

If the stars align flawlessly then we could be the 2022 version of the 2021 Bengals…

What if i am drunk on koolaid? So what?

1 Like

Hey now, whiskey never blames you.

Dont shit talk your friends, man…
shocked eric cartman GIF by South Park

4 Likes

Well if anyone is drunk on look aid it’s me!!! And yes, you nailed all kinds of other points I didn’t even think of. Totally could be turning this around faster than we think!

But I will always blame the whiskey…

If Baker was any good, the Browns would have traded him weeks ago as soon as they traded for Watson. The fact that no one has made a move is very telling.

2 Likes

This team may be building a complete team to hand the keys to someone else, but it isn’t Baker and it isn’t this year.

They will give Goff every chance to succeed, at least this year.

On topic, I’d take Goff all day long. There’s a reason Baker halfway lost his team at OK and now has lost his team at CLE. And whatever that reason is, the league is well aware of it.

He can keep the comedy commercials and move on. I take Goff.

2 Likes

“You know the bottle ain’t to blame and I ain’t trying to/
It don’t make you do a thing it just lets you“

1 Like

Considering the position they are in now, the smartest thing is to hang onto Goff for another year and hope he does well. I really think that will benefit us most in the long run.

He’s only 27. Still plenty of room to grow and refine.

2 Likes

Also let us not forget that the last six weeks when Goff was near the top in the league, he had the same people calling the plays that will be calling them again this year. With more weapons and one-more-year-under-the-belt experience (like ASB and Swift and even Reynolds).

3 Likes

(Insert “I’m glad my wife did” Dad joke here)

1 Like

I think he’s a victim of timing. Which is ironic in a way, because he also benefitted from the timing of coming out when the only team and front office dumb enough to take him #1 overall had the #1 overall pick. If things would have shaken out with a league QB situation like last year or the year before, he would probably have a home. There have been so many QB moves in recent years that there’s virtually no musical chair for him to sit down in at the moment. He’s clearly better than Sam Darnold. But Sam has a home due to timing. Teddy Bridgewater found a home 2 years in a row due to timing.

Now we are in a situation where for a brief moment in time every team has a QB or at least has a guy they want to see what he’s got for a year.

1 Like

This is factual and something I’m not sure we have ever seen. And this includes us.

and hows that working out for you?

1 Like